Who's Fault?

Demi POV

I walk inside and see beer bottles all over my living room. I see Wyatt passed out on the couch. I stare at him for a few minutes before I get a trash bag to clean up the living room. Not only is he a coward, he's a slob too. My phone starts to vibrate in my bag. I look and its Wilmer calling.

"What?" I say answering while whispering.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at home. I have to go."

"Demi, I don't want you there."

I start to get annoyed. "I don't care Wilmer. Your responsibility is not to look after me." I turn around to make sure Wyatt is still asleep but I see him sitting up with a beer in his hand. I drop my phone and watch as he smirks towards me before putting his beer down and standing up.

~~~~~~

Wilmer POV

"Demi?" I say after I hear a thud. I'm guessing she dropped the phone. "Demi?" I call again but it goes straight to voicemail. "You can never listen." I say before putting my phone in my pocket. I grab Julian and get him into the car. On the way out I call Dallas.

"Hello?" She says answering.

"Hey can you watch Julian for a few hours?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah. I hope you say yes because I'm in your driveway." I say pulling into her driveway.

I get out and get Julian out while she makes her way out of her house.

"Thanks." I say handing him off.

"Anytime... What's up?" She asks bouncing Julian who gets fussy.

"I was on the phone with Demi when it just shut off... Now it goes straight to voicemail. I just wanna check in."

"He beats her, Wilmer."

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"She had me help her lose the custody battle because she didn't want Julian around Wyatt. When I asked why she told me. Maddie, Marissa, Mom, and I are the only ones who know. We tried to get her to tell someone but she wouldn't. She said it wasn't bad but I know it is if she gives up her son."

"I'll call you to let you know when I'm coming to get him."

"Okay."

I get into the car and speed to Demi's house.

~~~~~

Demi POV

I stand in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. Have I really stooped so low that I can't even leave this one guy? Why am I letting someone control me and beat me the way he does? How could I let someone take my son away from me? I have missed so much of Julian's milestones because of one person.

I hear the doorbell ring and I quickly wash water over my face so it doesn't look like I've been crying. I realize it doesn't even matter considering I have a busted lip and bruises all over my throat as well as a swollen, red cheek. I go to the door with a towel in my hands and open it.

Wilmer takes one look at me and turns away. I step outside practically in tears.

"Please go away."

"Not unless your coming with me."

"I can't. Just go before he realizes your here." I say looking in through the window.

"Look at yourself... Why are you trying to protect this guy?"