Chapter Three

SHarley Gilbert's POV:

''Oh my God, the school is exactly how I remembered it'' I told Elena as I parked my car in the school parking lot.

''Mhm, nothing much has changed apart from students and teachers'' Elena said.

''Elena...why is everyone staring?'' I asked under my breath as we walked inside the building.

''Well first of all you're beautiful and second of all you have three years missing and all of the sudden you're back'''Elena explained.

I put my mouth in an 'O' shape. ''Bonnie, Caroline!'' I waved as I saw them pass. They turned around and skipped towards us.

''Hi, how...are you?'' Bonnie asked.

''I'm fine!'' I said.

''Really?'' Caroline asked.

''Yes, much better'' I said faking a smile. The truth was, I wasn't afraid of boys anymore (or that afraid), but the death of my parents was like a current knife in my heart.

''Good! Anyways are you going to be in the cheerleading squad?'' Caroline asked.

 I laughed and rolled my eyes,''Yes Caroline, I am'' I said.

''Hi Elena...uh, hi Harley'' I heard as Matt approached us.

''Hi! Hey, Matt? I'm sorry for my behaviour last night, I was kind of bummed out and stuff'' I said.

''It's fine'' Matt said looking anywhere but me. I sighed and walked up to him hugging him. He smirked, ''Wrong move'' he said. Then he switched me to his back, ''Hold on tight!'' he said and I tightened my grip on him. Then he started sprinting.

We were both laughing hysterically the whole way, which earned us some stares by the way. "Matt put me down!'' I said in between laughs.

 ''Matt Donovan! Put the girl down RIGHT this instant!'' I heard. WE turned around to see Tyler approaching us with a smirk.

''Nuh-uh! You're not my mommy!'' Matt  teased.

''I'll tackle you and she'll get hurt...'' Tyler tauted.

''Hey! She is right here!'' I whined.

They ignored me, "Alright man'' Matt said as he carefully put me down carefully.

''Haha! Sucker!'' Tyler laughed as he then put me sitting on his shoulders.

''Aw c'mon!" I whined as he started sprinting. ''Tyleeeer! Put me down!'' I laughed as he kept running.

''Tyler Lockwood! You're SO going down!'' Matt screamed as he chased us.

''On the count of three, I'm going to put you down and you're going to run with me as fast as you can alright?'' Tyler whispered.

''Ok'' I said.

''One,''

''I'm coming Tyler!'' Matt screamed laughing.

''Two,'' Tyler continued.

''Almost there!'' Matt said.

''Three!'' And he put me down and we sprinted across the campus laughing our sorry asses off. After a while we fell to the ground and I layed there, staring at the sky, panting my lungs out.

''Well...that was...fun'' Matt said in between breaths.

''Mhm...'' I said.

''Wait...crap...we're late to....class'' Tyler said as he looked at his watch.