Chapter Fifteen

Jezebel Gilbert's POV:

I woke up with a big yawn and a terrible hunger. I groaned and got out of bed slowly, brushing my teeth and putting on simple jean shorts and red hot tank-top.

I tip toed downstairs, clearly everyone was still sleeping. I walked out of the house after putting on my white running shoes. I put my hair in a ponytail and started jogging slowly. Loving the feeling of the cold Dicember air on my face, I picked up the pace.

After about fourty five minutes of jogging, I heard whimpering. I slowed down to see a little boy, about seven years old, crying in a corner. He had platinum blonde hair and shining evergreen eyes. But what caught my eye was the big puddle of blood he was in, and the way his hair went red on the left side of his head.

"Hey...are you ok kiddo?" I asked kneeling down beside him.

He shook his head, looking at the ground, "He hit me again. I didn't do anything this time! I thought he'd be happy that I got a good grade. And I drew him a picture! But he had that weird bottle he always had with him when he's in a bad mood...I think that--" He rambled on.

"Shh..." I shushed him.

He looked up at me and his eyes widened, "A-are you an angel?" he asked.

I looked at him, startled, "I--" I was about to say no, but I saw the shining hope in his eyes, "Yes, I am. You're a very smart boy! And someday you'll be the knight of the sky.'' I smiled at him.

He grinned back, his tears gone. "Really?" he sniffled.

"Yeah..." I muttered softly, passing my hand through his head.

Big mistake. Blood came to my hand, and the smell was overwhelming. I took in a shaky breath staring at my now bloody hand.

"Ouchee" The kid giggled.

I looked up at him sadly. And then I felt it. The hunger knawing inside me, daring me to touch the kid. I felt my fangs grow. I whimpered, not wanting to hurt the child. But I was getting closer without wanting to.

"W-what's wrong Angel?" he asked. A tear escaped from my eye as I placed my mouth on his neck, "Did your daddy hit you too?" he asked. I felt small, skinny arms envelope around me in a hug. "Don't worry Angel, I won't let anything happen to you" He said, and I knew he was smiling.

I shook my head. Don't you dare hurt him, Jezebel.

''I can't...What's your n-name?" I asked shakily.

"Jacob" he said, giggling.

"I...I-I'm so sorry J-Jacob" I sobbed.

"Why? What's wrong Ang--?" Jacob cut himself off with a scream.

I couldn't help it! I was drinking hungrily from his neck. Feeling his small body fighting beneath me. I whimpered but couldn't stop drinking. I moaned, the rich liquid filling my stomach and making my throat warm.

Then, Jacob went limp.

I gasped and sat up, seeing the kid's eyes scared, and his mouth wide open in a scream. But there was no heart beat.

"No...N-no, Jacob please no!'' I sobbed hugging the kid tightly around me."N-now you're in a b-better place. And--and you can be m-my knight" I sobbed into the kid's chest.

"Jezebel?" I heard.

I turned around to see Ty standing in front of me, a worried expresion on his face. "O-oh my God Ty" I said wiping my mouth with the backof my hand.

"What happened?" He asked cautiously.

"Uh..." I said, wiping my tears, "I found this little k-kid and he w-was very h-hurt...I w-was going to b-bring him to t-the hospital b-but it was..." I took in a deep breath, choking back a sob, "It was too late" I shrugged painfully, my eyes dropping to the ground in shame and guilt.