Chapter Twelve

Harley Gilbert's POV:

''Just one sip! Please Stefan?'' I begged Stefan to let me have some human blood. I had a week being forced by Stefan to just drink animal blood.

''Look, you can't control it right now but within weeks you will be able to control the cravings for human blood'' He said.

''Yeah, but it's not like I KILL to get the blood'' I whined.

Stefan groaned and shook his head, "No, Harley'' he sais frowning.

''Well then, if you don't want me to, I'll go get it by myself. I don't care if people see me'' I said, shrugging.

''No! You can't! They'll kill you Harley. The founding families of Mystic Falls know about vampires and werewolves, they'll figure it out''.

''Then get me blood!'' I exclaimed throwing my hands up in the air in frustration.

''No Harley, end of discussion'' Stefan hissed as he speeded away.

I groaned with defeat and flopped back down on my bed. I was drifting into an amazing sleep when the bell rang, waking the part of me that was sleeping, up.

I hissed and stomped towards the door, ''What?" I asked rudely as I threw the door open. There was guess who? The mail-guy. Seriously?!

''Mail for Har-Harley Gilbert?'' The guy stuttered.

''GIve me that" I hissed grabbing the letter from his hands and shutting the door on his face. I sighed and slowly opened the letter, after checking the address which was blank.

Dear Harley,

Hello my darling. It's been a long time since we've talked. I wonder how you're doing. Say hello to your family from my part. Anyways, I've heard that you are surrounded by bad company, is that true? It is not safe to be around vampires and werewolves when I'm not around Harley.

How are you? Have you changed? Did you get a hair-cut? Or contacts? Please don't tell me you are in love. You know how much it would break my heart if I knew you have fallen for another guy. Remember what I told you on that very beautiful, fine, young Monday morning?

''Hatred can only be overcome by love''

Have you learned to love me yet? Or are you in love with another man? Don't make me remind you of what happened on those three years. You either love me or you don't.

You either die, or you live

Yours truly,

Your high-school crush,

Anonymous

''Oh my God...'' I muttered passing a shaky hand through my hair. It was him. He contacted me when I thought I was finally done with him.

A tear escaped my eye as I let the letter drop to the floor. I had to leave, he knew I was here. I had to leave somewhere far, where no one would recognize me or find me. Some place where no one, not even my family or friends could contact me.

''Watcha do-What's that?'' I heard. I turned around quickly to see Damon staring at the letter close to my feet.

''Th-this? Oh! Nothing, n-nothing at all'' I laughed nervously picking the letter up.

''C'mon Harley, what is it?'' He insisted walking closer to me.

''D-Damon, it's nothing" I said through clenched teeth.

''Well...if it's nothing let me read it then'' He said, smirking.

''Just leave it alone Damon. It...it's a...a l-love letter. Yeah! A love letter" I said, smirking inwardly towards my amazingly creative mind.