Chapter Six

Harley Gilbert's POV:

I layed on the sofa of the living room watching SpongeBob. My stomach was twisting and turning which is why I had a couple of empty buckets with me. My head felt like someone was hammering it with an airplaine. My eyes were out of focus, my lips dry, and I was sweating cold.

Elena was at school as was Jeremy, and Jenna was getting interviewed for a new job.

All of the sudden, I started coughing. About five minutes after non-stop coughing I felt something wet in the hand I had been covering my mouth with when coughing. I looked at my hand to see it full of blood. I panicked and took my phone out of my pocket.

I tried Elena's, Jeremy's and Jenna's phone but none of them picked up. I sighed with frustration and decided to call the school.

''Mystic Falls High, how may I help you?'' The school secretery, Gina, answered.

''G-Gina? H-hi, it's Har-Harley. Do you t-think you co-could put Elena on t-the phone?'' I asked feeling dizzy.

''Sure sweetie, hold up'' She said putting the call on hold.

''What's wrong Harley?'' I heard Elena ask, five minutes later.

''I...I was coug-coughing and I coughed o-out blo-blood'' I stammered.

I heard Elena gasp, ''I'm doing a final for History right now! Would you care if I sent Stefan. He doesn't need to do the test?'' She asked worriedly. I could tell she really wanted to come.

''S-sure...but m-make it f-fast please'' I said and then I hung up.

I sighed and coughed a bit more cleaning myself with the sheets I was using to cover myself up.

''Harley?'' I heard.

''C-come i-in!'' I said.

Stefan came in, shutting the door behind him. ''I came as soon as I heard. Did you cough out blood?'' Stefan asked, concern written all over his face.

I nodded weakly.

''Wha-what did you drink or eat before you got sick?'' Stefan asked me.

''I already told Elena that I haven't-...'' I trailed off remembering the amber liquid I had sipped in the forest. ''Actually, I-I was wa-walking around th-the f-forest, and I f-found tree, i-it had like a k-kind of liquid and I dra-drank the whole th-thing'' I responded, feeling foolish.

Stefan's eyes widened, "Had you ever seen that tree before?'' He asked.

''I hadn't, but i-it lo-looked r-really old, p-probably old enough t-that I woul-would've seen it before I dis-dissappeared'' I answered.

Stefan nodded, a frown permanent on his face, ''Do you mind if I call Bonnie?'' He asked.

''Isn't s-she in t-the finals?'' I asked.

Stefan cursed, ''I'll get you some medicine, so that you'll feel a bit better'' He said walking away from the living room and into the kitchen. "Here'' He said a couple of minutes later. He gave me a red liquid in a cup.

''Wh-what medi-medicine is thi-this?'' I asked him.

''I brought it in my backpack, just in case'' He said smiling. I nodded and carefully drank the liquid, instantly feeling way better.

''Wow...I feel so much better!'' I gasped instantly feeling the relief that flowed through my body.

''It's a pretty good medicine'' Stefan said smiling. ''Well...I should be going now'' He muttered.