Chapter Twenty-One

• Dedicated to That's Jezebel! --------->

Blanche Lockwood's POV:

Today I would be starting in Mystic Falls High and I was dying of nerves! My stomach felt like it could explode any second and my heart was practically leaping out of my throat. 

Oh, you'll do fine! Jezebel's voice said.

You grew up in that school, I didn't! I don't know anyone!

You know the people you met yesterday, and I'll tell you who the people are and IF they're worth our time.

I scoffed, OUR time? You're wrong, it's my time. Anyways, should I wear white shorts or a high skirt?

Shorts with that cute glittery tank-top you have.

Ok, now shut up. Thanks.

Yeah, bye.

I sighed and looked at my reflection once more in the mirror. I looked good, I had enough sleep (surprisingly) and the clothes I was wearing were cute. I put on my black converse and exited my bedroom.

"Hey Tyler" I said as I entered the kitchen, he was making himself--something.

"Blanche! Hey! How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Good...what are you making?" I asked.

"Well, I'm trying to make an omelette" He said.

''Oh! My specialty! I'll help you" I said, smiling at him, tying my russet hair in a long ponytail.

"Really? Ok, I'm going to go change for school and leave you some time to start cooking" He said, already half way up the stairs.

I giggled, "Ok".

Tyler and I were walking to school since his car had a flat tire and he didn't want to be late, his mom was out and none of his friends answered their phones.

"I'm sorry we have to walk" He said for the umpteenth time.

"Tyler! It's fine" I said laughing.

"I just--I feel bad you know? It's your first day of school and you're walking there" He said.

"As long as I have company..." I muttered, sending a flirty smile his way.

He winked, "You've got more than company" he said.

I laughed, "Catch me if you can!" I yelled. I started running but within seconds Tyler was beside me. "Wow, how fast are you?!" I asked.'

Tyler laughed huskily, "Very".

I laughed but frowned as I we entered the school. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared. They broke down into whispers and whistles. I took in a shaky breath and jumped when Caroline appeared in front of us.

"Hey guys!" She chirped, kissing Tyler while glaring at me.

"I'm going to go--get my schedule" I muttered, pushing my way through the student body and finding the office. 

"Blanche, fancy meeting you here" I heard.

I turned to see Damon there and I felt Jezebel squeal, "Hey Damon. I thought you didn't go here" I said.

"I don't. I'm applying as your history teacher" he said.

Jezebel laughed and the sound came from my mouth. Damon raised an eyebrow, "Do you find that amusing Jezebel?" He asked.

"Yeah! YOU!? Teacher? HA! What about Alaric?" She asked and I groaned.

"He quit. It's 'too much pressure'" Damon mocked.