Chapter Four

If any of you guys reading watch Vampire Diaries you'll notice that I've mixed the order of how things happen and changed some things. I also want you to know that Katherine doesn't look like Elena in this story, she looks like Harley.

Harley Gilbert's POV:

''Hey, Caroline...do you have any idea where the Salvatores live?'' I asked as we walked to our lockers.

''Yeah! Well do you remember where we had that HUGE halloween party like four years ago?'' She asked, I nodded, ''They live in a house that is right next to it. You can't miss it really, it's all spooky and medievial. Anyways, why do you want to know?'' She said.

''Uh...I need to ask Stefan some question on our History Assignment. He's a genius in it!'' I lied smoothly.

''Hmmm...well, just in case you see Damon, which I'm sure you won't because supposedly he's gone, but, if you do. Tell him I say he can go to hell'' She hissed flipping her hair.

''How come you're so pissed?...with him. I mean'' I asked shutting my locker and holding  my books close to my chest.

''Ok, first of all, Damon is my boyfriend and he dissappeared without even telling me! And second of all...'' Her eyes clouded over.

''Second of all?'' I asked a little bit impatiently.

''I can't tell you'' She said looking me square in the face.

''What do you mean you can't tell me?'' I asked desperately.

''I don't know why?! Ok?! I just know...that I can't tell anyone'' She said the last part in a monotone.

''Oh...uhm, ok. I'll see you at lunch alright?'' I said as I walked off to my next class.

''Mr. Saltzman. Can I have a word with you after class please?'' I asked as we entered history class.

''Sure thing Harley'' He said smiling. I smiled back and started working.

''What is it that you need Harley?'' Mr. Saltzman asked as I stayed behind.

''Well, I've missed a lot of school work and everything. I wanted to know if I could do, I don't know maye like write a paper or something?'' I asked him shrugging.

''Oh, yeah, that's fine'' He said.

''What should I write it about?'' I asked him.

''Hmmm...how about one or two legends about Mystic Falls? hand it in next Monday. Two pages font 12, double space'' He said.

''Yeah! Ok...I guess I'll...I mean, yeah. I'll do that. Thanks Mr. Saltzman'''I said smiling.

''You're welcome. Now go head to lunch'' He said. I nodded and scurried out of the classroom.

''Hey, ready to go home?'' Elena asked as we left the school campus.

''Uhm...actually I have to go help Mrs. Lockwood with some stuff.'' I lied.

''Really? Because she said she would tell me if she needed any help'' She said, a bit of hurt and suspicion in her voice.

''Yeah well...she just needs me for little things. I'll see you later'' I smiled at her and walked off to the direction of the Salvatores.

I knocked on the big wooden door. No answer.

''Stefan? Damon? Anyone home?'' I asked, still, nothing. I sighed and knocked harder on the door only to have it open by itself. I crept in silently, ''Damon? Stefan?" I asked again.

''Harley...'' I heard. I turned around instantly, ''Damon? Is that you?'' I asked a bit shakily.

''D-downstairs'' the voice said. I took in a shaky breath and started walking around the house until I found a staircase leading downstairs.

''Harley...'' The voice muttered again. My breathing got heavier and my heart speeded up. When I got to the end, I found a door with a small window to look inside the room.

''Oh my God, Damon!" I gasped as I saw him laying on the ground, sweat covering his body, as pale as ever.

''Open the door Harley'' he commanded. I nodded, when I  opened the lock when a voice stopped me.

''No! Don't! Oh no!'' I saw a man coming down the stairs desperately. Then he took hold of the door so that Damon wouldn't open it. ''Run! Now! Get outside!'' He screamed at me as Damon struggled to open the door.

''Are you going to be o-?'' I got interrupted by the man,

''GO!" he screamed. I nodded and started running up the stairs by twos. My heart was pounding painfully against my chest as adrenaline hit in. My breaths were coming out short as I ran across the house. I heard a crack and winced, hoping that the man would be ok.

I then heard footsteps behind me. ''Shit...'' I muttered under my breath. I was about to scream when I heard another scream. I turned around to see Damon crouching in front of an opened window as the sunshine came in. It looked as if he was burning...?

Then, before I even knew it, Damon had me pounced against a wall. I winced as my back hit the wall painfully. ''D-Damon?'' I  asked.

''S-so hun-hungry...'' He muttered gazing at my neck.

''G-go eat th-then. I c-can take you to the g-grill if you w-want'' I stuttered.

''I have my food right here...'' He muttered licking his lips.

''Oh..uhm, ok'' I said.  I was about to walk away when he pounced me on the wall again. I gasped at the pain.

''Don't leave'' he muttered darkly. Then his face darkened his eyes turned black.

''Oh my G-God'' I said shakily. What the hell just happened to his face.

He burried his face on the crook of my neck as I tried to push him off but he wouldn't budge.'

''Why is the door opened?! Where's Damon?!" I heard, it sounded like Stefan. I felt Damon freeze on top of me but he didn't move away.

''I don't know'' I heard another voice, Elena.

''Elena!'' I screamed.

''Harley?! What the hell..? Where are you?'' Elena asked desperately.

Damon had a hand over my mouth, ''Do not make a sound'' He said darkly.

''Is Damon with you...? Answer me Harley!'' Elena said.

I felt a rush of wind and then Stefan was right in front of me with Elena behind him.

''Move one step forward and she dies'' Damon hissed as he put my neck in between his arm. My eyes looked frantically at Elena who looked horrified.

''Damon. Let go of her. You're hurt, I get it. But, let go of her. She didn't do anything to you'' Stefan said cautiously.

''Katherine is a selfish bitch! How could she have not done anything to me?!'' Damon screamed as he looked back at me.

''I have waited so long to have you dead Katherine'' he said smirking.

Katherine? Who the hell is Katherine?!

''D-Damon...it's me, Harley...?'' I asked desperately.

''Damon. It's Harley. Not Katherine, let go of her'' Stefan said. As if he had come back to reality Damon stared at me.

''Fuck...Harley I'm sorry'' Damon said as he got off of me and leaned on the wall opposite of the one I was leaning in.

I stood there, staring at nothing, scared shitless. What the hell had just happened? What happened to his face? How where his movements so quick? And who the hell was Katherine?! 

''Harley...are you ok?'' Elena asked silently as she walked towards me. ''Damon. I don't want you to EVER come near my sister or my family again. Are we clear?!" Elena hissed at him as she held me.

Damon scoffed and walked away.

''You guys have some serious explaining to do'' I hissed at them.