Chapter 21; Dad...

Hannah's POV:

I wake up in Ani's arms, but it's still midnight.

Something's wrong

As I reach to grab my saber, I feel a weird sensation in my stomach, and before I can react, I get the urge to throw up.

Jumping out of bed, waking ani up in the process, I sprint to the bathroom, puking out everything in my system.

Ani's hands are pulling my hair into a makeshift pony tail and his hand is on my back, rubbing small circles.

After a few minutes of puking, I finally stand up, falling against the counter as Ani flushes the toilet and looks at me in concern.

"Better now?" He asks, wrapping his hands around my torso, being careful not to hurt me.

"Yeah" I say, and fill my mouth with mouth wash, getting the nasty taste out of my mouth.

"It's been a while, do you think something's wrong?" He asks, and I shrug.

"I'll go to the doctor tomorrow" I say, but feel sick again.

"Nope, we're going now" Ani says, as I run to the bathroom and start puking again.

He hands me a pony tail and once I've finished again, he picks me up and carries me to the elevator, then to the infirmary.

--

"Haven't seen you in almost 13 years and you come back like this" the nurse says, walking in holding a clipboard.

"Pardon?" I ask, sitting up slightly.

"Oh please, like you don't remember me" She says, and I search her eyes, before I almost scream from excitement.

"JESSA!" I scream, and she runs over and hugs me awkwardly because I'm still on the bed.

"I thought you got stationed somewhere else!" I say, in shock that I'm seeing her.

"I did, today's my first day back!" She says, and we both chuckle before she gets back to business.

"So...everything is perfectly fine. You probably just got sick because your body had a small reaction to everything. You should stop getting sick within the next few weeks." She says, and I sigh in happiness.

"So," She says, smirking and sitting on the bed.

"I see you've got a pretty thing shining on your hand, little missy" She says, and I laugh and show her the ring.

She squeals and looks at it in amazement.

Ani got a very simple and elegant ring, but it was still stunning.

It was the best thing because of the fighting, and because I've never been a big fan of massive wedding rings.

"I'm guessing it's the hot stuff who brought you here?" She asks, and I laugh and nod.

"Speaking of him, I have to see him. When are you off? We can catch up then" I say, sitting up fully.

"He's out in the waiting room, almost got into a fight when we said he couldn't see you. I'm off tonight at 5, want to go to dinner?" She asks, and I nod while I get dressed back into my shorts and tanktop from earlier.

"Yeah, were do you want to go? My treat" I say, and she smiles.

"We'll figure it out later, now you gotta go. I'll see you here at 5" She says, cleaning up everything from my room as I leave.