Chapter 17 - The Final Chapter

Isabel came running into the waiting room.

"How is she?" my daughter immediately walked over to me.

"Not good at all," I told her with tears streaming down my face.

"Can I see her?"

"She's sleeping."

"I'm so stupid. I should have never told Sebastian to leave. I'm the reason why her possibly last minutes on the earth are miserable. Mom, how...how could I?" I watched as my daughter cried. Daniel was actually in the room with Logan right now. I took Isabel into my arms, and held her tight as I cried as well.

***

"Sebastian," mom snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"What?"

"Are your bags packed? We have to leave for the airport in less than an hour."

"I have to see Logan one last time mom... please? I need to see her. I can't just leave her like this," I begged my mom.

"Call her first, then we'll see them and say goodbye."

"Thank you," I quickly hugged her, then got out my phone and called Logan.

I waited, and waited. No answer. I called again, still no answer. I tried over and over again, but no answer, no matter what I did.

"Call her mother."

I listened to my mom, and called Logan's mom.

"Hello?"

"Hi, um Mrs. Hawley. It's Sebastian." I remained quiet for a bit, and started hearing sobs. "Are you ok? Is Logan ok?"

"You need to come to the hospital now," she said in between sobs, then hung up.

"Mom, we have to go, right now!" I ran and put shoes on, and bolted to the car. I need to get there. I need to get there fast.

***

Once my mom stopped the car in the parking lot, I was out of there, and into the hospital.

"Is it too late? Where is she?" I panicked as I saw Logan's mom.

Her mom took my hand, and led me to her room. When I walked in, I saw the most beautiful girl in the world, lay helplessly on a hospital bed, not moving a muscle. Her eyes were closed, and her skin was more pale than ever before.

I saw Isabel in a corner, whimpering. I ignored her, and ran over to Logan.

"It's gotten a lot worse. Doctors predict less than twenty-four hours. A lot less. She's awake a bit, but not often. She can barely move, and it's getting worse and worse. They can't do anything anymore. It's the end of her battle," Mrs. Hawley broke out and cried again. My mom tried comforting her as soon as she came in.

I put my hand on Logan's cheek. She was still warm. She's still alive.

I started rubbing her cheek in circles with my thumb. Daniel was on the opposite side of the bed, on a chair, just watching his sister's soon-to-be lifeless body.

"Sebastian?" Logan slowly said as she opened her eyes at a moderate pace.

I smiled, and tears of joy bursted out of my eyes. "I never thought I'd hear my name come out of your mouth again."

"I...I um...had a dream. You were gone."

"I'm actually leaving for New --"

"Please, don't leave me?" her voice was so weak.

"I won't. I promise."

"Stop...crying."

"I'm sorry," I wiped them away.

"I'm in so much...pain," it took all her breath to say the last word.

"We should just have her pain and misery end right now," Mrs. Hawley sighed.

"No," Logan looked over at her mother. "It's almost over. I'm almost gone."

I took her hand, and cried. I cried like a baby. I couldn't stop.

Everyone hugged her one last time, and told her how much they love her, except for me.

I knelt down, and whispered in her ear, "I love you, Logan Hawley. I love you so much. You can't leave," I cried.

"I have to. I love you Sebastian Garcia," she told me slowly.

"I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry I couldn't get to know how great of a person you are before. I'm sorry you have leukemia. I'm sorry you have to go. You're so beautiful, inside and out. I don't want you to leave, angel."

"I'll always be your angel," her grip on my hand was getting looser and looser. I had to do this.

I put my face right by hers. Her eyes were still open, but looked so heavy, as if she had a difficult time keeping them open.

I put my lips on hers, and kissed her slowly. At first she was kissing me back, but then it felt like I was the only one still in the kiss. I backed away, and saw her eyes were closed. All you could hear was the loud never ending noise from a machine when a heart has stopped beating.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Well...that's that. Yes, there is an epilogue, because I have one little thing left to do.

Let's vote, and comment a lot, for Sammy? It is her story after all. And she did an amazing job writing most of it. I'm truly so thankful for when she chat me, asking if I could read her story, because if I never did, I wouldn't have been able to finish it, or meet such a great person as Sammy was. Forever In Our Hearts. We Love You To Pieces. Rest In Paradise Sammy. :) <3

Stay tuned for an epilogue coming hopefully soon.

~Sara :)