Chapter 2

Sebastian's POV

I was driving home thinking about the day's activities when I notice her walking. I was surprised cause I thought she had a car. I pull up and slowly drive beside her. I see her look at my car with awe. I smirk and roll down the window.

" Whatch'ya doin?" I asked.

" What does it look like?" She said.

 I decided to joke around with her so i said, " It looks like your standing on a corner waiting to be picked up. Not that I see who would pick you up." 

" Can't you just leave me alone." She said not looking amused at all.

" Give me one good reason."

" Because your a nice person?" she said starting to look pissed off.

" Ha! Yea right. Thats not a reason." I said smirking.

" You want a reason?" she asked. I nodded. "How about that I have cancer?!" she yelled. "Is that good enough?" I opened my mouth to answer but she cut me off. "Of course its not! Heres another one. I have til the end of the summer to live. How was that?!" she exploded. By now we were infront of her house. She turned around and ran up the driveway and into the house, slamming the door shut.

I drove away from her house with thoughts reeling through my head. I was so distracted I didnt even realize I had gotten home. I must have been sitting in my driveway cause my mom came out of the house and walked to the car with a worried look on her face.

I turn off the car and get out meeting my mom halfway up the driveway. " Hey, whats wrong sweetie?"

" Nothing mom, just tired. Is dad home?" I ask as we made our way inside the house

" Not yet, he called saying he will be a little late cause his boss made him stay later. He also said that work was rough today." she said scrunching her nose.

" Then we will just have to do what he says. I'm still have the bruise he gave me on my stomache." I said.

Just then we hear a car pull up in the driveway." He's here. Go sit at the table." she said making her way to the kitchen.

 As I am sitting down I hear the front door slam shut. Seconds later my dad walks in loosening his tie. He goes to his chair and sits down.

"Hello." I said politley.

"Oh shut up." he snapped rudely. "What's for dinner." he called into the kitchen.

My mom comes out with the food and sets it gently on the table. " Tuna casserole, your favorite."

We watched him carfully as he took a bite of the casserole, chewed it, then stopped. Relief flooded through me for a moment. Then he suddenly spit it out."This is burnt. What kind of wife gives her husband butrnt food?!" he roared. He picked up the plate and hurled straight at my mom. At the last possible second she ducked and the plate crashed on the wall.

He got up and headed to her. I got up from my seat and threw myself infront at her just as he threw a punch, landing right on my stomache. The breath got knocked right out of me. I was still trying to catch my breath when he punched me in the jaw sending me flying to the wall. I heard my mom scream as he kicked me in the ribs. I saw my mom grab his arm as he was about to throw another punch at me.

My eyes widened in fear. He slapped her across the face and left the room. I turned to my mom who was clutching her face with tears rolling down her cheeks. I pushed myself off the floor and went over to her.

"Mom? Are you okay?" I asked hugging her.

"Yea, I'll be fine. Go to your room. I'm just goning to clean this up." she said going to the kitched to get the mop and broom.

 I walked to my room which I chose to be on the first floor for sneaking out purposes. I locked the door and pulled of my shirt. I walked to the mirror and examened the bruise now forming on my chest. I'm pretty sure he bruised dome ribs too. I sighed on pulled of my jeans. I walked in to the bathroom and took a shower. You would think that while in the shower I would think about calling the police on my abusive dad, but no, I was thinking about Logan who has cancer. Logan who is going to die before she even gets the chance to taste college.

I got out of the shower and pulled on some boxers before falling to bed and letting the sleep world consume me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, sorry I'm late uploading. I had an emergancy trip to the hospital and couldn't get hands on my laptop yesterday. But my amazing mother brought it today. Who knew they had wi-fi in hospital?

This is dedicated to shelbylw03 for being the first to read it, commenting and helping me figure out some mistakes that I had in the first chapter.

The song for the chapter is Knives And Pens by Black Veil Brides. Awesome song.

Comment Vote Fan.