Chapter Two

Louis' P.O.V

I get to get out of my math class to play some instruments in the fifth hour class. They like how I play so much music. They aren’t my friends but they are almost acquaintances. They are all outcasts that get bullied by Zayn so they don’t cause me any grief. But they are talented.

            I walked into the classroom to be greeted by various hellos. I waved and smiled lightly. I took a seat by the piano and waited for the teacher.

            Once the teacher came in he smiled at me and motioned me to sit on the piano bench. I obliged as he turned to the class. “We have a new student. Could you stand up for us?”

            I was sorting out some papers when I heard the deepest voice in the world. I looked up shocked and was met by the same piercing green eyes that I ran into this morning. He smiled and waved at me and sat back down.

            “Now, how about you show the class your music talent?” Mr. Cannon suggested. Harry nodded and headed toward the front of the class, which was by the piano. He grinned at me.

            “Do you know how to play How to Save a Life by: The Fray?” I nodded and placed my fingers on the keys and started the intro.

Step one – you say we need to talk

He walks; you say sit down it’s just a talk

He smiles politely back at you

You stare politely right on through

Some sort of window to your right

As he goes left and you stay right

Between the lines of fear and blame

And you began to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend?

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life?

            I finished a few last beats and my mind was blown. He was the only one that was considered popular already and he was in this class. I have never heard any other voice like his! It was raspy but clear, it was almost sexy-wait! Why am I thinking this?! I am trying to change and not think about that! Zayn will just make everything worst.

            I heard clapping and I figured I should clap too. Harry had a blush to his cheeks from all of the attention and I couldn’t help but giggle a little.

            “Well done, Mr. Styles, and Mr. Tomlinson, great job on the piano.” I smiled and nodded curtly. So his last name is Styles. It sounds posh. But he doesn’t seem stuck up.

            “Mr. Tomlinson, why don’t you write what instruments you can play on the white board?” I nodded and felt my heart speed up. What will he think? He will probably ask, ‘Why can’t he just say the things he plays?’ I shakily got up to the whiteboard and grabbed a red marker.

‘I can play:

Drums

Piano

Guitar

Saxophone

Trumpet’

            I put the marker down and glanced at Harry. His eyes had confusion in them but covered it with a smile. He is really nice. “Um, if you don’t mind me asking, but why couldn’t you just say the instruments you play?” And there is the question.

            I sighed and grabbed the marker again.

 ‘I am mute. I usually write things out for people to know what I want to say or do sign language for the people that know it so it could be easier.’

            He nodded but then he looked guilty and I heard him mumble, “Sorry to offend you in any way…”

            I shook my head frantically to get his attention. He looked up with more guilt and I mentally rolled my eyes. I wrote on the board once more:

‘You didn’t know! It’s not like it's a disease. I just wasn’t able to talk after I got sick. Almost everybody knows about it. Don’t worry about it.’

            I smiled reassuringly as he read it. He breathed a sigh of relief and a smile played on his plump lips. I sat back down at the piano bench as class went back to normal.

Harry's P.O.V

I felt really bad when I asked him that. I have been thinking about his name and I know for a fact that his last name is Tomlinson but what is his first name? The lad, Zayn, seems rather cocky and rude to him. He is always giving him dirty looks and I am not that stupid to realize that most of those bruises on Tomlinson’s face are from Zayn. But Tomlinson doesn’t make an effort to hide it.

            It is getting agitating that I am referring him to just Tomlinson. I need to find out his first name! “Hello Harry!” Someone called to me. I recognized the voice as Zayn’s. I turned around and waited for him to catch up to me.

            “Zayn, can I ask you something?” He nodded and slung his arm around my shoulder. I mentally rolled my eyes at him trying to act like he has known me forever.

            “Well, do you know the first name to a lad named Tomlinson?” He stopped walking and closed his eyes. His eyes blazed with anger but I saw something else. It seems like it was regret and sadness but it was over took by anger again.

            “Louis is a gay low-life that had to ruin our friendship by coming out of the closet and having a crush on me. That is disgusting by the way because being gay is repulsing. It is unruly and nobody should love like that!” Okay, well that hurt. If I told him that I was gay, I am pretty sure he would rip my beautiful curls out and stuff them in my ears. Wow, I think about really weird scenarios.

            “Now you have to agree with me! Besides it makes it worse that he is mute. He has the attitude but he just doesn’t fight back.” Zayn shook my shoulders.

            “I really don’t care if they are gay or not. It doesn’t bother me any.” I shrugged. Of course it doesn’t bother you! In case you forgot, YOU ARE GAY. I rolled my eyes. Zayn kept going on and on about how Louis was a disgrace in life and I literally felt my eyes blaze with anger.

            “I have known you for about four hours and I already can tell that you will be arrogant.” I spat at him. He looked shocked and put his hands up in defense.

            “Mate calm down. Sorry to offend you, just stay away from him.” I shook my head. Just as I was headed to lunch, I saw a familiar figure stumble down the hallway with a pained expression. It was Louis. His face was broken and bruised more than it was earlier. I became alarmed and was about to walk over to him but Zayn pulled my arm forcefully.

            I looked back one more time to see him slide down the wall and crying.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Harry really wants to get to know Louis but Zayn doesnt like that! Do you think Zayn is trying to hide something? comment what you think!

Fan, comment, follow!!

love ya gus!!