Chapter Three

Louis' P.O.V 

After fifth period was over and I went to sixth period, it wasn’t a pleasant surprise to have Zayn and Josh throwing paper at my head from behind me in class. But I think I got them mad when I flipped them my middle finger because now I am limping towards the lunchroom.

            Zayn kept kicking me and stomped on my ankle. I think it might be broken. I was limping down the hallway when I saw Harry looking my way. Zayn pushed him along and there I was left, sliding down the wall and crying.

            I skipped lunch and sat in the corner of an unused hallway. When I heard footsteps I became alarmed. I sat in the same position with my legs to my chest and my face hiding in my hands.

            “Hey tosser, what are you doing here?” I looked up to see Zayn with a small crowd behind him. I rolled my eyes and put my head back in my hands. “Answer me! Wait, you can’t talk!” I felt tears prickle my eyes as I lifted my head up once more.

            ‘You know I can’t talk.’ I signed to him. He laughed and walked up to me. He kicked the ankle that he stepped on earlier. I gasped and winced in pain. Everyone in the little group started laughing. A tear rolled down my cheek and landed on my arms that were wrapped tightly around me.

            “Now I will leave you alone if… you talk.” I can’t talk! I really want them to leave me alone! I can try to talk, but I bet you I will get nowhere in life by doing that.

            I stood up and ran my hand through my hair. I took a deep breath and tried to say hello but I ended up coughing and sputtering as I started choking. Everyone burst into laughter and I felt humiliated. Even though I tried to talk, I knew they were laughing because they think that Zayn has some power over everyone.

            Zayn took me by surprise when he grabbed my throat and slammed my back to the wall. “I guess you can’t talk at all! That saves everyone there time by not wasting it on you!” His gripped tightened on my neck and I started feeling dizzy. Tears spilled over the rim of my eyes as he slammed my back to the wall again. I felt lightheaded and I tried to close my eyes.

            “ZAYN, WOULD YOU STOP?! SERIOUSLY, LET GO OF HIM!” That voice. I know that voice. It was the new lad! But why was he trying to save me? If he knew Zayn, I am pretty sure he would know what happened between Zayn and me.

            The grip on my neck went away and I fell to the floor, gasping for air. Zayn walked away as so did everyone else. I finally regained my breath and opened my eyes that I didn’t realize were closed.

            “Mate, are you alright?” I got up quickly and ran down the hall towards the only room that I actually like, the music storage room. Before I closed the door, I heard Harry yelling, “I’m sorry! Please wait!” Why is he sorry? He seriously saved me from lack of oxygen to the brain.

            I took a look around the room and sighed in contentment. The black, glossy piano was still in the middle of the room where it always was. Boxes were stacked high on shelves but to me, that made it roomier. I sat down at the piano bench and turned the lamp on by the piano. It lit up the whole room and shone off of the piano.

            I kept thinking of a song I want to play. I wanted to bring up my mood a little bit so I picked the song One Way or Another. I started the intro of the song with ease, even though my whole body seemed fatigued. I sang the song in my head and I couldn’t help but start thinking about the new lad.

            I want to find out his name because I have to admit that calling him Styles or the new lad gets annoying. His features are hard to forget.