Chapter Ten

Louis' P.O.V

I just talked. It's been over twelve years and I could talk again. My mind was racing with confusion and hurt. "Louis, I'm sorry! I just...I just wanted to kiss you, just to see if I had any feelings for you..." Zayn murmured as he walked to where I was. I hope he didn't hear me talk. Harry said that he wanted to be the first to hear me speak if I ever did get my voice back.

But I already spoken so what's the point in trying to hide it? I took a shaky breath and looked at Zayn, "B-but I just l-lost him!" He looked at me with wide eyes as I kept coughing. "You can talk." He breathed  as he put his head in his hands. I quickly got up from the ground and bolted out the door. The rain was pouring down over my head as I kept the same pace. I heard the faint call of Zayn's voice over the rain pounding against the pavement beneath my feet.

I kept running until I reached my house. My breathing was erratic as I quickly opened the door. I slammed it and ran towards the lounge. "M-mum, h-he left me! H-Harry left m-me!" I sobbed loudly. She gasped and ran up to me. 

"Louis, you can talk again?" She asked, leading me over to the couch. I shook my head and got out of her grasp. "I really d-don't care right n-now! I c-care about Harry!" Just as I said that, Lottie came downstairs. 

"Mum, who was that yelling? And Louis, why are you drenched?" I gave a frustrated groan and ran upstairs to my room. I closed it and locked the door. I took out my phone from my pocket and hovered over the contact that I wanted to call. I finally clicked it and put it up to my ear.

It rang for three times until I heard a shuffle and a deep voice say, "Louis, why are you calling? You can't talk." I sighed, and prayed myself he wouldn't hang up before I got a chance to say anything. "Louis, I'm going to hang up." He sniffled.

"W-WAIT!" I shouted into the phone. I didn't hear anything on the other line for a moment and I thought he hung up. "L-Louis, was that you?" I made a sound of approval just as the line went dead. I looked at the phone with disbelief and ended the call, more tears collecting in my eyes.

I sat down on my bed and put my head in my hands. Why did Zayn do that? I thought we were on good terms and he ruins everything that I had. I wanted Harry to know that I didn't start it and I couldn't help it. I didn't let it happen, Zayn forced me to the wall and I couldn't get through! 

I hovered over the contact once more, only to send a message.

 To Harry <3:

Harry, I didn't mean to let it happen! He kissed me and I couldn't move anywhere. Please, you have to believe me when I say this!

I pressed send and let a sob escape my lips. I never wanted this to happen. I don't want to lose him! My life was just getting better. I had a boyfriend, a best friend and more and more people starting to respect me a little bit. I really hope he knows what happened didn't have anything to do on my part! I didn't want Zayn to hear me talk before anybody else. I didn't want my first words to be 'I love you' right when Harry closed the door behind him. And I didn't want to be in this situation.

My phone buzzed right beside me. I looked at it before hesitantly picking it up and reading the message.

From Harry <3:

I don't want my heart broken again like it has many times. I'm sorry Louis. We're through.

^^^^

I was in the waiting room at the doctor's office, waiting for my name to be called. It's been a week since Harry broke up with me and I'm not taking it too well. I don't eat lunch in the cafeteria anymore, because I know he will be there. He avoids me during music class. Just yesterday, Mr. Cannon asked me what was up with Harry and I. I broke down and fled from the classroom.