01. Madhouse

Madhouse

Chapter One

July 30, 2012

"Excuse me, Ms. Knowles? Could you take a look at these designs?" The voice of the recently hired young intern rang through Beyoncé's voice as she shyly spoke to her. She could hear the hesitation and slight desperation in her voice. It was the sound that she had grown to be familiar with in the year that she'd had her company. So many young and talented people wanted to see the fashion sketches that they'd spent hours, days, and weeks completing to come to life. It was essentially her job to make that dream a reality, but she couldn't help everyone. She was currently looking down to her very own sketch, working overtime in order to make sure that this fashion line was what she had envisioned. There was nothing more troubling than seeing your dreams crumble before your eyes.

"Just leave it on that table in the corner, and I'll get back to you," she responded without even looking up to see exactly who it was. Eventually, she planned on learning everyone's names and faces, but she wanted to learn that through their work. If they did great work, she learned their names off of that. That was the way that she made her way in the position that she was in today. She didn't just ask her father for a clothing line and have it appear right in front of her eyes. She took a backseat to her family's business and went to fashion school. Throughout her college experience, she held a job in a retail store and had gigs as a personal shopper and stylist. No one handed her anything, and she refused to hand anyone else anything. If you wanted it – you had to work for it.

"Alright," the intern spoke once more before Bey could hear her office door shutting. She rolled her eyes immediately before looking over to the all black table clock out of sheer habit. She was always under some type of time scrutiny.

"Shit!" She was running late for the meeting at her parents' house. This was an important meeting, and she knew that her father wouldn't take too kindly to her lateness this time. Other times, he would understand when it came to these meetings, because she was a hardworking woman, but sometimes those excuses didn't fly. Expeditiously, she gathered the belongings she desired to finish at home before attempting to rush out of the building. She was met with a bunch of cheerful "goodbyes" as she swiftly made it to her baby in the garage – a beautiful 2012 Aston Martin.

She slid the Bulgari shades onto her beautiful face and went into the direction of her parents' home. She couldn't help the feeling of being basic as she drove her car. Normally, this wasn't a usual feeling for her. Fast cars had been a thrill for her. It heightened her beauty and anxiousness. There was nothing like gliding smoothly through traffic, but with New York City traffic, that was deemed impossible. "Ahh, baby girl," she cooed to her car. "I think it's time to replace you." Her love for fast cars never seemed to cease. Anything fast and exhilarating, she was usually the first in line.

The two and half a hour drive from her business office to the Hamptons never bothered her. It gave her ample time to think about her life and put several things into perspective. She was a twenty four year old woman with her own everything. She had her own beautiful condo, several exotic cars, and her own business. In the eyes of a lot of people, she was doing very well, but there were things that she couldn't do that your average person could do. The average person could walk into any restaurant in New York and enjoy a meal, but her? She had to be cautious of which areas of New York that she ventured into.

Pulling into the traditional styled home's driveway, she released a deep breath. The order of arrival had been severely misconstrued due to her lateness. She saw that her brothers' vehicles were already in the driveway. Usually, they would all try to arrive in the arrive of birth. That meant that her older brother, Terrence, arrived first. Then, she usually came, and finally her baby brother, Jermaine. Sighing, she removed the golden key from her purse and used it to unlock the mansion's door. The house wasn't quiet, as she could hear the voices of her brothers and father coming from the living room. She closed the door shut and ventured off to the voices.