02. Madhouse

Madhouse

Chapter Two

August 3, 2012

Bodies piled on top of bodies in the packed nightclub. Beyoncé stood over the crowd in the VIP lounge, watching the action of the night. Her Friday nights were usually spent inside of Privé. It was an upscale club in the heart of New York City, and a predominate place for her family to work. Her father's old colleague was the one that stepped up to tackle the operation of the place, and he'd been doing a good job. In his eyes, having the opportunity to run the business was a blessing to him. Little did he know, him offering to run it was a blessing to them. So many people had questions, which they were obligated to ask, but her father didn't wish to answer those questions. The less people knew, the more successful the business would run – and it was running successfully.

"Bey," Jermaine called out to her. She could barely him over the sound of Rihanna's "Pour It Up" blaring throughout the club. Bey continued to watch as women shook their asses on one another and select men. Most of the women in the club came to score them a hustla. The men knew that, so they always showed up to show out. Bey knew better than to ever step down from her platform unless she was exiting the club. Being away from the action allowed her to be salivated from down below. It made her untouchable.

Finally, she looked over to her younger brother before seeing the fine dark chocolate beauty that had stepped into the VIP room. Her smile formed as she walked over to her best friend, Kelly. The black sheer sleeved knee length dress hugged every curve on her body, accentuating her slim figure. She was a fit chick, and often asked Bey to work out with her. Sadly, Bey wasn't running miles every single day in the hot heat.

"I'm glad you made it. Did they give you any trouble?" Bey asked her after hugging her.

Kelly laughed before shaking her head. She moved the curly hair from her face. "Girl, no, it was a breeze. This place is breath taking!"

Proudly, Bey turned around to look at the building. Helping with everything dealing with the interior of the club had been her job. It was her time to show up and show out, and that's exactly what she did. This club had been her first ever baby, and she was more than proud of it. It brought in a lot of money to keep every operation they ever needed funded. It was their legal money.

"Yeah, it is," she responded. "You want a drink?" Since she invited her out, it was her duty to make sure that she was catered to as if she were Bey. Beyoncé didn't believe in inviting someone out and treating them like shit. She went above and beyond when it came to having guests.

"Yes, please. Anything strong," Kelly said before sitting down next to Jermaine. The two of them were familiar with one another due to Jermaine always coming to the office to bug her. Everyone knew Bey's brothers in the office. Terrence was the uptight one that no one really spoke to. If he had a question about Bey's whereabouts, they'd simply point him in the right direction and keep it moving. Jermaine, on the other hand, was talkative and playful. He was the type to bring food to the entire office and flirt with the interns. There was nothing Bey could do since the women liked the attention they received from the little light bright.

Beyoncé flagged down the appointed waitress and ordered a round of drinks for herself, Kelly, and Jermaine. It was time for the real turn up, and she was ready. Weekends were her favorite times, because she was able to simply let everything roll off her back.

"Aye, Bey," she heard her name once more. Bey looked over toward the voice and smiled boastfully at the owner of the club – Tony.

"Hey, Tony! How are you?" Tony was more like a uncle to her rather than just a business partner. He was a good man at heart, and simply wanted to do the right thing. Because of his lack of knowledge in some things that happened in the club, he was able to live a happy life. He didn't wish to know about the illegal front.