20. As We Lay

As We Lay

Chapter Twenty

September 26, 2012

Shawn cursed out after nearly tripping over one of Bey's many shopping bags. "Dammit Bey!"

"What?" She questioned from the bathroom's mirror. She had been attempting to get her hair perfect for at least twenty minutes, but it wasn't cooperating with her. Her patience was wearing thin, and with Shawn cursing at her, she knew she'd get angry soon.

"These bags!"

Beyoncé rolled her eyes. "Isn't that your fault? Had you not refused to take me home to get my shit, I wouldn't have had to go shopping." When they made the plans to go to Santa Barbara, Shawn was adamant that they just go straight out there. Beyoncé was allowed to wear some of his clothing, but when their plane landed, she wanted to immediately go shopping. She couldn't enjoy a getaway without underwear and wearing Shawn's clothes.

Shawn appeared in the bathroom's doorway and leaned against it. "I'm not mad at the shopping. I'm mad you just tossed the bags," he clarified to get her to calm down a bit.

Their day had been slightly eventful. When they arrived from the plane, they checked in and immediately went shopping. Whilst there, Beyoncé had ventured into Nordstrom to try on wedding dresses. Shawn couldn't allow the image of her standing before him in Reem Acra 'Sariah' dress. It was something he'd never wanted before today, but he could definitely see himself marrying Beyoncé.

After their trip to Nordstrom, against his will, they ended up in Victoria's Secret where she took her time picking out several different pairs of underwear and lingerie. Now, it was all about the process of dating.

Bey giggled. "I apologize."

Shawn walked up behind her and placed a kiss on her neck. Her eyes closed slightly. "Stop it, we have plans, remember?"

"We can reschedule."

"No, remember we said we were going to date, Shawn."

He sighed at his vow. "Fine. What kind of restaurant is this?"

Beyoncé turned around to face him. "The kind where you wear a nice Armani suit and I wear a beautiful gown, and we show one another nothing but love."

"I always show you nothing but love."

"You didn't when you threatened me in the store," she reminded him of the time when he stood behind her and threatened her if she attended Bryce's funeral. Shawn dropped his head.

"It's fine," Bey spoke up.

"Did you take me serious?"

She nodded her head without hesitation. She would have been a fool to not take the threat seriously. "I knew what emotions you were dealing with, but I would've been a heartless bitch to attend your brother's funeral, Shawn."

He sighed. "Like I was?"

Bey looked up to him. She wanted so badly to defend his actions and simply say that he was taking orders from his family. That was what she'd placed into her mind, but a part of her knew she couldn't hold that excuse forever. "Yes."

"I'm glad you're honest," he responded. "I have to go find this Armani suit now."

"I already pulled it out."

Shawn chuckled. "So now you're trying to dictate what I wear?"

"No, I'm trying to be a nice girlfriend and help you get your clothes, baby."