28. Mine

Mine

Chapter Twenty Eight

November 16, 2012

Being in New York City wasn't something Beyoncé had planned on being. She was supposed to be at the place she called home, but instead, she was cooped up with the man that would help her raise the child growing inside of her. She bit down on her bottom lip, knowing that today she would be having another ultrasound. She was prepared and ready for any and all of her appointments. Shawn looked up to the ceiling, noting her facial expressions. She seemed as though she was deep in thought, forgetting that he was lying right next to her.

"What are you thinking about?" Shawn asked her, never turning his head to look at her. He opted, instead, to view her from the mirror on his ceiling.

Bey smirked. "Wondering what happens when this mirror finally falls from that ceiling."

Shawn laughed a bit. "If it falls on you, I'm sure I'll have to run."

"Run? You can't outrun my bullets, baby."

"Oh. I thought you would do it with your bare hands."

Bey turned to look at him and sighed. "So you really do know."

Shawn closed his eyes for a moment before nodding his head. "I knew from the moment the killings started happening. You acted quick."

"I had to. I couldn't have him thinking that he was off the hook for what he'd done. I know you don't like me talking about it because he [is] your brother, but Shawn I am going to get my revenge, and it's up to you to forgive or not."

It was finally his turn to think hard about what she was saying. He knew that if he had a little sister or something, he'd want her to get revenge, not caring who the person was. He couldn't fault Beyoncé for wanting to hurt Michael. The man had done serious damage to her.

"Just don't kill him," Shawn replied.

Bey smiled a bit. "That's too easy." Shawn chuckled, remembering that he'd said the same thing to Michael when he nearly pulled the trigger right then and there. At the moment, he would've felt justified in killing his very own brother, but reality set in and he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Bey looked over to the clock and released a deep sigh. "Are you sure you don't want to go to this appointment with me?"

It was her third time asking him, and his answer always remained the same. He couldn't go. "Bey, we can't be in the open, okay?'

"What happens when this baby is born, Shawn? These are different circumstances. Am I supposed to lie about who my child's father is?"

Shawn sat up in the bed and looked over to her. "I'm not saying that, Bey, but right now, can we just chill for a moment to process everything? We just found out last week there's a baby being thrown in the mix. We need time to figure it out."

"Is that going to be before or after everyone finds out I'm pregnant and doesn't know how in the world this happened. Besides what happened with Michael, of course." The last thing she wanted was for everyone to assume that she was having Michael's baby. Even though it was a possibility, she didn't wish to know the actual truth. He never used a condom during the rape, and he [did] cum inside of her.

Shawn sighed. "Look Bey. We just need time. We can get aw-"

"So running away is your plan?" She hated to say it, but she knew that it was the only option for the both of them. After her ultrasound, she'd need to get away before anyone found out about her pregnancy.