09. No Love

No Love

Chapter Nine

August 28, 2012

Shawn woke up to the sound of his phone going off. He was alert the minute it went off, hoping that it was Bey finally coming around. It had been three days since she left him in Miami, and he hadn't heard from her. Every time he called her, he received her voicemail, letting him know that either she'd blocked him or she had turned her phone completely off. He looked at the caller ID and let out a deep sigh. It was only his brother, Michael. Because of Bey's absence this weekend, Michael had retreated and was finally trying to work out another plan. Bryce, for some reason, left him in charge of figuring out what to do with the top.

"Yo," Shawn groggily answered.

"Nigga you was sleep?" Michael barked.

Shawn released a deep breath. "That's what normal people do, nigga. What you want?"

"Meet me at the safe, aight? I got a plan." It was the last thing Michael said before hanging up the phone. Shawn looked at it before rolling his eyes. For good measure, he dialed Bey's number, and sure enough, her phone had gone straight to voicemail. Shawn made the mental note to go by her home once he figured out what the hell Bryce was thinking about. Shawn removed himself from the bed and immediately went to do his morning routine of showering and what not. He dressed in a standard black shirt with khakis. He paired the simple outfit with his Air Jordan "Brooklyn Zoo" shoes.

Shawn escaped his home and went straight for the safe house. Seeing Bryce there, he smiled brightly. "Look at you, nigga!"

"Shut up, ugly," Bryce mumbled. Ever since getting shot, his brothers had been making slick comments about it. He was cripple and not able to do his job. Now, Bryce was healed enough to where he could do whatever he pleased. Of course, he was back in action against Kisa's wishes. If it were up to him, he'd still be at home being a father to their daughter, but Bryce had an empire to protect.

Shawn chuckled. "Where that nigga at?"

"On the phone barkin' out orders like somebody gone listen to his ass." The two brothers only shook their heads as they listened to Michael on the phone. He was pacing the floor, trying to get someone to do something for him. Whoever was on the other end of the phone clearly was having a hard time with processing the information. Angrily, Michael hung up the phone and looked at his brothers.

"So, I found some shit out."

Shawn shrugged. "Like?"

"The bitch is having a birthday party and little fashion show or some shit."

Shawn knew exactly what he was talking about. Bey had already disclosed him with the information about her birthday party being intertwined with her clothing line's launch. Her Miami trip was to finalize everything."And?"

"And?" Michael questioned with attitude. "And, that means that's when I'm going to have her fuckin' head on a platter. I'm gonna fuck her first, though," he demonically spoke. Shawn eyed his brother for a second. He needed to be stopped.

"How are you even gonna make this shit happen, Mike? I'm not goin' to jail for no bitch," Bryce told him. Jail time was the last thing that Bryce would ever do. He would kill a cop before they put handcuffs on him. He had a daughter, after all.

Michael sighed. "Listen, I have somebody on the inside of this shit. As things get closer, they'll give me the inside info on all the shit. We'll plan accordingly."

"Who is your insider?" Shawn needed to know who was fucking Bey over.

"That's for me to know," Michael responded. "But I'm gonna keep watchin' her." Shawn knew immediately that he couldn't go to Bey's house for anything. With Michael watching her closely, he needed to let her know that she couldn't even be comfortable in her own home. Michael was the type to shoot and fill first without informing his family of his doings. It was the reason the first attacked happened to be three men instead of one.