29. Mine

Mine

Chapter Twenty Nine

November 21, 2012

"How are you this stupid when it comes to aiming?" Beyoncé scolded Shawn with apparent anger in her voice. For the past hour, she'd been attempting to teach Shawn how to use several different guns. They'd quickly and secretly gone to her place to get a few of the guns from her vault and brought them back to his home to use them.

"Maybe you're not a good teacher," Shawn retorted.

Beyoncé took a step back and picked up the machine gun and aimed it at him. "You wanna try that again?"

Shawn looked at her for a moment before deciding that it would be dumb to even reply to her question. They'd received more news about their families, and it was nothing more than true. Their families were plotting to take them both out, and Bey wouldn't allow that to happen. She would help Shawn with aiming and using different guns, but he had so much to learn. Shawn was also helping her with physical defense. Since she was going into this without regard of her pregnancy, he wanted her to protect herself and their twins at all costs.

"How about we switch it to my turn?" Shawn asked. It had been their routine as of late. Bey would teach him how to use the multiple guns and he would help her with defending herself against men. Granted, neither of them actually needed the training, it was just good to have. With Bey more than likely having to go against Michael again, Shawn couldn't risk her downfall. He couldn't risk the aftermath that it may cause.

"I'm hungry, though."

Shawn rolled his eyes and sat the gun down. He took hers from her and sat it down, as well. He held out his hand for her to grasp and they both walked back into his home.

"What do you want?" Bey questioned once they were in the kitchen.

Shawn cracked a smile and sat at the island. "Fulfilling your wifely duties, huh?"

"My wifely duty would consist of me killing you. Stop teasing me, Shawn Carter."

"My apologies Beyoncé Carter."

"Knowles-Carter," she corrected.

Shawn rolled his eyes. They had gone and gotten eloped with prenuptial agreements, of course. Beyoncé, also, wanted the option to simply hyphenate her name instead of completely changing it. She was still a Knowles after all. Getting married was like sealing the deal for the two of them. It made them an actual family. That essentially meant that she now a Carter and Shawn was a Knowles. The negative was that their families didn't currently know about this.

Bey looked around the kitchen for something for the both of them to have to eat. There were things she couldn't eat, so she tried to stray away from them. "Just make a sandwich," Shawn recommended. Bey shrugged her shoulders and did as he said.

"Do you miss your brother?" Bey asked him out of the blue as she fixed the sandwich, making sure that it was something they both would eat. Living with him in this time, she learned a bit of his habits and what he did and didn't like.

Shawn frowned at the question. "Which?"

She shrugged. "Both. You don't get to hang with them."

"I miss Bryce," he told her truthfully. "I could talk to Bryce about anything. Watching him separate his family from everything was perfect to see, and it would be something I needed to learn. Having a wife in the street business wasn't something I anticipated, and he would've helped me with that."

"How so?"

"He's dealt with headstrong women before. I haven't. I mean, yeah, you listen sometimes, but sometimes you're so hardhead."