19. As We Lay

As We Lay

Chapter Nineteen

September 25, 2012

Beyoncé woke up the next morning and planted a smile upon her face. She hadn't been in the arms of Shawn in so long, and she felt extremely good about being in her position today. Seeing him in a peaceful sleep made everything much better for her. Silently, she crept out of the bed and went into the bathroom. She needed to make a trip to her home, but wouldn't until Shawn woke up.

"Ugh," she mumbled as she looked around the bathroom for an unused toothbrush. She wouldn't dare use his toothbrush, as that was simply unsanitary.

"What are you doing?" Shawn groggily asked her as he entered the bathroom whilst wiping his face.

"Did I wake you up?"

Shawn shook his head. "Not necessarily. What are you looking for?"

"A toothbrush," she answered.

Shawn laughed a bit. "And you thought I kept them in my main bathroom?" Shawn grabbed a hold of her hand and took her completely out of his bedroom and down the hall. He went into the guest bedroom's bathroom. Bey watched as he opened the closet and pulled out her very own toothbrush.

"So this is where I come when you get on my damn nerves?" It was a nice and simple black, white, and beige room. Four black and white pictures hung over the bed. It was decorated as if a woman had done it, and Bey knew that Shawn hadn't done it.

He chuckled. "Well, yeah. I'll just follow you, though."

"To continue getting on my damn nerves?"

"No, to make sure you don't trash my shit. But, sadly for you, baby girl, I can't get on your nerves anymore than you get on mine."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes. "I really can't believe you're making me walk around naked, though."

Shawn looked down to her body with admiration. He needed to get used to seeing it without getting an erection. If he didn't, he'd be bending her over every second that he could. "Fine. After breakfast, you can put some on. We gotta go by your house, anyway. I'm surprised you haven't just put clothes on anyway."

Bey smirked. "I like to please my man." They went into the separate bathrooms to freshen themselves up. Bey came out first and decided to start on breakfast, since Shawn was taking his sweet and precious time. When he came out, Bey frowned at the fact that he was one the phone.

"How are you?" Shawn asked into the phone.

"I'm fine, just trying to get over Bryce's death, you know."

"Mama, it's going to take more than a few weeks. You may never get over it, honestly. You just have to take it one day at a time."

Gloria laughed softly. "It's funny, because I never thought my son would have to give me advice like this."

Shawn beamed at that. "Well, I know I have to be strong for you. When are you coming back to New York?"

"I don't know, probably Thanksgiving. I just wanted to get away from that environment, honestly. I was tired of being in that city."

Shawn laughed softly. "I understand. I'll swing by to see you one of these days. Has Mike visited you?"

Gloria made an annoyed noise. "Yes, boy. I don't know what's wrong with him, but he's not in his right mind."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. He says crazy things. I say either watch him carefully or make sure you don't get caught up in his mess."