08. No Love

No Love

Chapter Eight

August 24, 2012

Shawn couldn't believe that he was about to do this. Here he was, packing a suitcase filled with clothes to go out of town with a woman that he'd only known for a short amount of time. He didn't know what it was, but there was simply something about her that allowed him to gravitate toward her. She had a beauty beyond the world, but there were prettier and more exotic women than her. The way she flaunted her beauty was different, though. She didn't opt for you to only look at her phat ass or her breasts. She didn't use her body to get what she wanted. It was simple – she was beautiful, and you knew it. For a woman with such beauty, she didn't spend hours talking about it. She also didn't spend extra measures to accentuate her beauty. Yes, a bit of make up here and there, but she didn't go to the drastic measures of long weave and the sorts.

He looked down to his phone to find it ringing. Shawn looked at his brother's name and sighed. What could he possibly want right now?

"What's up?" Shawn answered.

"What you doin'?" Michael asked.

Shawn rolled his eyes. For the past two weeks, they'd been laying Knowles bodies down from left to right. They were slowly working their way up to the top, and Michael was itching to get closer and closer. His target was the damn girl, but Shawn didn't care too much for her. She was just there, in his opinion. Shawn didn't pride himself on abusing women, which is why he left the entire thing alone. "Packing."

"Packin'? The fuck you goin'? You know we got business?" Michael ranted.

"We been handlin' business this whole time. Y'all can handle a weekend by yourselves."

"Okay, muthafucka, now answer my question."

Shawn chuckled at his younger brother. "I'm going to Miami. Is that okay with you?"

Michael remained silent for a moment. His brother only went out of town for pleasure and business. Nothing with their company needed for him to go to Miami, so he knew that he had to deal with pleasure. "Who you goin' with?"

Sighing, Shawn thought about whether or not to answer his brother's question. "The girl I told you about."

"Damn, shorty already got you leavin' the state?"

"I can't just go enjoy myself?"

Michael chortled at his brother. "Enjoy yourself? Nigga who you foolin'? Only person you foolin' is her. I know you just want the pussy. That's all you ever want."

Relationships had never been something that Shawn sought after. He simply didn't have the time of day to deal with a woman full time, and he wouldn't dare lie about it. All of the women he dealt with knew what it was. It was strictly for sex and entertainment. Once you started nagging him, he was sending you right where you came from. There wasn't a woman in New York that could say that she had his heart.

"Whatever, man. Just let everyone know I'll be gone."

"You ain't told nobody?" Michael questioned. It wasn't like Shawn to just up and leave without notifying someone.

"I'm tellin' you. Now do it. I gotta go." Shawn hung the phone up and tossed it over to his phone on to the bed. In two hours, he would be boarding a flight with a woman that he didn't know much about, but was willing to know everything about.

"How much shit are you packing?" Kelly questioned as she sat Indian style on Bey's bed, watching her pack her second suitcase. For someone only leaving for a weekend, Bey thought she'd need so many clothes.