10. Chiraq

Chiraq

Chapter Ten

September 4, 2012

Leaving the hair salon, Beyoncé admired her darker hair in the mirror. She was happy with the decision that she'd made. Now that she was twenty five, she felt as though she needed to step her game up in every aspect of her life. She felt a bit more mature than she was, but not much. She'd always been mature. Today was the big day for her, and she couldn't believe that she wasn't overly thrilled. She was calm and collective, but that was because she was harboring a secret from her family and everyone else around her. Sighing, Beyoncé drove back to her building and went up to her floor. She looked at her door before sighing.

She hadn't been in her condo alone ever since the night she told Shawn that she would speak to Clifford about the move. Surprisingly, he didn't mind it one bit. Now that they were cool, he didn't mind Bey's presence, especially since she had a way of making it seem as though she wasn't even there. Out of respect, he never brought women over, and actually asked her permission before inviting his crew over. Bey slid her personal key into Cliff's door and opened it.

"You know we're running late?" Clifford immediately told her after checking the Rolex on his wrist.

Bey immediately frowned. "Late for what?"

"A surprise. Do you have to do anything special or jazzy?"

Beyoncé eyed him for a moment. She hated surprises, but she should have known that it was something since it was her birthday. Her family was big on birthdays and holidays. When it came down to them, everything was a grand event. Sadly, Beyoncé was having her own grand event that she still needed to confide in them about. "No. But can you tell me where we're going?"

"Actually, I can't," he smirked. "Happy birthday and I like your hair."

Bey blushed. "Thank you." The two left his condo and down to the garage. Like always when they went out, there was an argument of whose car to take. Bey enjoyed driving her vehicle just as much as Cliff enjoyed driving his.

"I'm driving," he told her.

"No, I'm driving."

"We do this every single time."

"Well," Bey started, "if you'd just let me do what I wanted to do."

"You mean let you have your way like everyone else does?"

Bey thought about it for a moment. "Yes."

Clifford looked at her like she was crazy. The moment that they started getting closer, she should've known that he wasn't like everyone else. He wouldn't allow her to have her way, because she was a grown ass woman. It was when she started beating him at his own game was when he realized that she could be a bit sneaky. But, with her practically living with him, Clifford had the opportunity to know more about her. He got to see her habits. They were small things. She wouldn't leave the light on in rooms like the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen if she weren't in them. She always left the toilet cover down. Every night, she'd wash all the dirty dishes instead of washing one at one time.

In the end, Beyoncé was allowed him to drive him, even though she wasn't aware of where they were going. Clifford simply gave her the address and allowed her to drive. "Well thank God I'm not overdressed," Bey commented once she realized they were at a restaurant.

"Me too. You get embarrassing when you do," he joked, dodging her punch.

"Keep talkin' shit," she commented. Clifford laughed and exited her vehicle. When they went into the restaurant, he heard her scream from the surprise. Her family had set up a breakfast for her; since it was the only time they'd be able to spend her today. With the fashion debut later in the night, Bey would be ripping and running around the city to make sure everything was fine.