Pretty Hurts

I ran all around my high school football field. It was a cool Saturday morning. I checked my watch real quick and read the time. It was 5:15 a.m. I've been out here since 3 in the morning running constantly thanks to my mom and dad.

"Run faster, pick up those feet!" my dad yelled through his bullhorn.

I picked up the pace, running even faster. Sweat dripped down my face. My thin sports bra was now drenched and Addidas running pants were now clinging to my skin. I raised my legs higher and higher running laps and laps around the football field until I fell out near the bleachers. I took deep breaths and my heart was racing. My legs felt numb and my eyes were watery.

My dad came walking over to me. His face as cold as stone. I was hoping, just hoping he'd say good job but of course that was a dumb thing to hope for. He squatted down on the ground next to me and sucked his teeth.

"You could've did better than that Giselle. Your mom wants you to loose 10 pounds by the day of the competition. Those hips or whatever you're developing won't seem to go away but she says she wants your tummy flat as a board and for your legs to be toned,"

I held back my tears. They expect so much from me. I wish I could be a real teenager. I've been doing pageants since I was 3 years old and I've only lost one which was last year. Now my mom wants me to re-enter it and win everything. I know she just wants me to be the best but I'm tired of all of this.

"Okay daddy," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"It's Matthew Beyonce,"

"But you are my dad,"

"Dad is too affectionate, I don't like it," he said clenching his jaw and getting off of the ground. He hovered over me and grabbed my hand helping me up. The nicest thing he's done for me all day.

"So what do I do now Matthew?" I asked once I got up off of the ground.

"I'm gonna drive you over to that 24 hour gym down the road from here so you can work on your abs and stuff,"

"Alright Matthew," I said grabbing my grey gym bag and walking off of the football and to the parking lot where my dad's old mustang was parked. He had a ton of cars. My parents are filthy rich but it's something about that old rustic mustang that makes me happier than all of the new luxurious things they buy me.

I got in the passenger side and my dad drove off. The ride to the gym was very short. I was used to being here, I even had a trainer. He was nice but worked me hard and sometimes he was too touchy but I never told my dad. A part of me doubts that he'd even care.

"C'mon Giselle get out," my dad said to me.

"You're not staying Matthew?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I've got stuff to handle at work Beyonce, your mom will be back to pick you up,"

I didn't even say anything to him. I just walked in the gym  and went to my normal station in the back. My trainer was already there waiting for me.

"Hey Bey," he said looking me up and down.

"Hi Jerome," I said dryly.

I'm not in the mood for his perverted ways today.

"So I think we should get started working at the squat station," he said and I rolled my eyes.

I hated squats. Not the normal squats like I do at home all the time but the ones at the gym that required heavy weights on my shoulders.