Prologue

Prologue

~Joey~

September 3rd. First day at the new school. A public school too. I wouldn't say I was snobbish or whatever, but I already missed the comfort of my private school and I hadn't even left the house yet.

I checked my self in the mirror for 12 and a half billionth time. Skin tight jeans, red boat shoes and a stripy tank top. Outfit number 394 of the day, may have to be the one to go with. I didn't want to make myself stand out too much, in case the rest of the school would see me instantly as the new kid, and therefore a new target. I had to play it cool for the first day. This was my chance for a clean start. The potential for daily bullying to finally stop.

I headed downstairs and saw Meghan in my kitchen already. She's been at this new school since the start. I on the other hand hadn't. So I was relying on her.

"How do I look?"

"Hmm. Not too sure on the quiff. The other kids might not like it." She tilted her head and looked concerned. I panicked, and threw my hands up to find an alternative style. She laughed walking over to me, and pulled down my hands. "I'm teasing you Joey. You look hot!"

"Shoot girl you can't say that!"

I threw my bag over my shoulder, and proceeded to head toward the back door.

"Of course I can. You'll have all the boys drooling over you!" She followed me out.

I was happy Meghan was always so supportive of me. She was the only person besides family that accepted me. And even then the majority of my family didn't approve. But Meghan and I have been friends since we were babies, and she was the first person I came out to. She's was like a sister, and right now, she was my only friend.