Chapter 30

Chapter 30

~Joey's POV~

Every step I took down the long corridor filled me with even more nerves. After an emotional heart to heart with Sawyer, I had decided to visit Shane. Just one last time.

He still meant everything to me. His mind might be mush now, but he was mine. My Shane. Everything about him I loved.

Sawyer had convinced me it would be a good idea to see him. He'd been here an hour now before me, and kept texting saying that I needed to see him. From what he was telling me, we were approaching the end.

But I was worried. If I see him, I'll get attached again. And then I'll never be able to say goodbye and let us both leave. I just couldn't imagine my life without him. But fate had different intensions.

I turned the corner. Just a few steps away was Shane's room. I stood frozen. Breathing heavily. This was it. Shane's dead, lifeless body lays inside that room. I wasn't sure how well I'd be able to take it. I still wasn't even fully sure what it was that had killed him. Or his last words. Did he call out for anyone? Why didn't anyone answer him?

I peering through the window, my stomach doing backflips. I noticed Sawyer first, sitting by the window. He was laughing.

How dare he. My boyfriend is dead. And he's laughing at his body? I understand now. He was in a pact with Sam and Anthony. To pretend to beat him up so we'd be his friends. And now we are -or were- he's going to turn his back on us. I bet he's the one who did it. He's the reason Shane is dead.

I stormed in, my sights set on Sawyer. My hands balled into fists, reading to attack him. But he still looked happy. How could he? I was just inches away from him. I ignored Cam and Mitch in the room too. I ignored the fact I wanted to kill their son in front of them.

"Hey" a voice sounded behind me. Slowly turning, I was almost sure I was about to puke. Our eyes locked. Those beautiful, blue eyes looking straight into mine. I could almost feel as if I was looking directly into his soul. He meant everything to me, this couldn't be happening? He's.. Awake? Shane's awake! He's alive!

As if it was animal instinct, I launched toward him. Forcing my lips onto his. I held his face delicately as I absorbed every emotion out of him in one single kiss. He kissed me back, his weak hands on my back. In that moment, it was as if the world just stopped. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I pulled back. I'd missed this. I'd missed him. This was just perfect.

"Shane.." I sighed, smiling as I perched on the side of his bed, looking longingly yet lovingly at him.

"Who are you?" He asked, still looking just as adorable as the day I met him.

My heart stopped at the question. Had his damage really been this severe? Was about to lose Shane, even though I'd almost got him back? This wasn't happening. He knew me? He loved me? Didn't he?

I felt my breathing getting hitched. My tears building in my eyes as i searched Shane's face. Practically begging for him to remember me.

As a smirk appeared on his face, and the chuckles of Sawyer reached my ears, I realised what he was doing. I pulled a frown, gently thumping his shoulder as he laughed at me.

"I hate you " I teased, coming in for another kiss. This time just a small, innocent peck.

"I love you , Joey"

-------------

A/N: fuck this chapter sucks so much. I'm sorry "/ I've written it a few times and it's just not working. This'll have to do. I promise I 'll up my game for the remaining few. What are your thoughts on Shane's outcome? What are your predictions for the ending? Let me know! Love you all xo