Chapter 15

Chapter 15

~Shane's POV~

As I was awakening from possibly the best sleep I've had in weeks, I tried to remain still so I could still be laid with Joey. He had his back to me, sleeping toward the wall. It took a lot of willpower to hold myself back. I could have easily wrapped my arms around his waist and held him close to me for a few hours.

Dispite saying this, my eyes had other intentions. It was becoming exceedingly hard to keep my eyes open and stay awake. At some point however I must have drifted off, as the next time I opened my eyes, there was a pair of green, sparkling eyes looking back at me.

"Morning" he whispered gently, smiling his dashing smile at me like always. He made me feel so happy inside. He propped himself up with his arms, showing off his muscles. I wasn't sure if that was intentional or not.

"Morning" I yawned back. I covered my mouth, but still felt rude. He didn't seem to mind.

He got himself out of bed in one swift movement. I just watched him for a while. Wondering around his room, picking up his clothes and moving my belongings to one side. He looked over at me and smiled gently. His eyes softly gazing over my still sleepy face.

"What'cha wanna do today?" He asked, pulling some lounge pants on over his boxers. I was pretty impressed with myself for spending the entire night with him wearing only that, and managed to keep my hands off him.

"I dunno. What do you wanna do?" I was secretly quite happy with just watching his junk move about in those pants.

"I dunno. How about we grab some breakfast then decide?" He said, sitting on the end of his bed facing me. I nodded and pulled myself up, as did Joey.

I followed him downstairs, noticing the photos framed along the hallway and stair case. There was photos of himself, but also a girl? I wasn't sure who she was. Or the ginger haired boy.

Once in the kitchen, I placed myself on the breakfast bar by one of the counters. Joey however, was rummaging through the cupboards.

"Want bacon?" He said, his head buried in the fridge. I agreed, and he pulled out everything necessary for breakfast cooking.

"You having some?" I asked, walking to his side, inhaling the smell as I walked over.

"No. I'm not hungry"

I knew he was lying.

"Does this have something to do with what happened last night?" I asked, trying to look into his eyes. He avoided my gaze. "Joey, do you always make yourself puke?"

He ignored me, his cheeks flushing red. I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him towards me, looking right into his eyes. "Joey please?"

"Not always. Only if I think it's necessary" he answered. I knew he was telling truth. I put my arms around him onto his back and pulled him close to me.

"It's never necessary, Joey" I whispered. He put his hands on my lower back, resting his cheek on my shoulder, sighing softly. "How about next time you feel the need to do it, you call me? I can be your helpline back?"

He nodded against me. It was nice having him in my arms. Felt, right?

He pulled back and looking into the frying pan. The bacon was very clearly burnt. I laughed it off, suggesting instead we have cereal. Together. Thankfully Joey agrees, and together we sit at the breakfast bar.

"So. Those photos? Whose the girl?" I asked him, he swallowed his mouthful and sighed, as if he didn't want to speak about it.

"Nicole. My sister." He said, almost ashamed of it. I tilted my head and gave the whole 'tell me about it' expression. He clearly took the hint. "She just moved out. Couldn't take much more of my mom. Lives with her boyfriend now. And I'm here. The other boy is Jett, my baby brother. He lives with my step father" he said, without looking at me. I wasn't sure what to say in return. It was so natural for him to just come out with it to me. There was a few moments of silence before he spoke again.

"You like anyone at school?" He asked.

I chuckled lightly, shaking my head to myself. "Yeah I do. He's perfect" Joey nodded, still avoiding eye contact. There was no way I was going to tell him that he's the boy I like. For now he doesn't need to know.

"What about you?" I asked him in return. It would be interesting as to whether he does like someone or not. It'll probably be a pretty girl or something. But I can hope.

"Yeah, I do like someone" he smiled, lifting his gaze to me.