Chapter 12

Chapter 12

~Joey's POV~

I sat cross-legged on the couch, my blue pyjama pants clinging to me as I slouched against the leather to get comfy. My shirtless body sticking to the material.

Leaning forward, I picked up my bowl of fruit loop cereal, and shovelled spoonfuls into my mouth. I flicked through the channels until I found Adventure Time. I took a sip from my smoothie-anya and relaxed knowing my Saturday would be blissful if it continued going to way it was already beginning.

My dad hurriedly came down to stairs. His car keys dangling from between his teeth as he pulled his arms through the sleeves of his jacket.

"Morning son" he mumbled with difficulty from the keys.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked, followed by another spoonful of deliciousness.

"Yeah. Gotta go back to Boston." He replied, taking his keys in his hands and looking disappointed. The fact he was going to Boston immediately informed me of why. It'll be because of mom again.

"I'll be away all weekend. Won't be back until Monday night around 5. Will you be okay?" He asked, stealing a sip from my smoothie. His scrunched up expression suggests to me that he didn't really enjoy it.

"I'll be fine, dad. We've done this before. For even longer" I reminded him.

"I know, I know. Ill leave money in the kitchen. Order yourself pizza or something tonight and relax. The cupboards and fridge are filled I made sure yesterday to stock up for you. Don't burn the house down and don't throw any wacky parties. Be in bed before 11 too, okay?" He kissed the top of my head, before turning to leave.

"Dad?" He turned to me, "can I maybe have a friend stay over tonight? Just one" I asked, putting my empty bowl on the coffee table.

"Sure. Don't make the place too messy okay?" I nodded, waving him off.

Once the door had slammed shut, and I could hear the engine to his car riding off down the street, I picked my phone up from the side of the couch.

I scrolled down for Meghan's name to call her, but then a different name appeared on my screen which gave me a change of idea. I decided to call him.

"Hello?" Was the response from him. He sounded sleepy. But it was quite adorable too.

"Morning Shane. Did I wake you?" I tried to act cool and not over excited. Although I had a feeling I was failing at that.

"Yeah you did, asshole" he teased, but there was a laugh underneath his voice.

"Sorry. My dads outta town this weekend. You maybe wanna stay over tonight?" I said it all in a rush. So much so, it took him a while to respond.

"You mean like a sleepover? Just us two?" He sounded unsure. I felt disappointed inside. It would have been nice to have some alone time with him.

"Yeah but whatever. You're probably really busy-"

"No no. I'd love to come over, Joey" at his response, my stomach filled with butterflies. I pulled a cheesy smile and bit the end of my thumb excitedly.

"Great. Maybe see you around 4?" I sounded so needy and pathetic.

"Awesome. See you later" his sleepy voice was returning.

As I hung up, I felt a sense of excitement rush through me. He was coming. Shane, was coming to spend the night here. With me! Perhaps I ought to share my

feelings with him tonight...

--------------

A/N - thank you again with all this support you've been giving me with this story. It really does help me out ^.^ I recently sat and decided to plan out the following chapters for this story. Basically, every chapter is planned up until the finale. Guys, you're not ready for what is in store. Anyway, be patient please, recently gone through some surgery that went wrong, so my uploading will be as and when I write. I know there isn't a schedule or anything, but do give me time. I'll try to make sure I'm updating frequently, okay? Okay. xo