Chapter 18

Chapter 18

~Joey's POV~

Sulking, I walked downstairs. I felt pretty crappy having help Shane. It was scary thinking about how much hate he gets from his own father. But I was happy he called me instead of ending his life. What I said to him was true, I would be lost without him in my life. He was my best friend and I needed him here. And if he has to call me every day that's fine. Ill know he's alive.

I opened the backdoor. Someone had been knocking while I was on the computer playing video games.

"Joey!" Meghan sprang out at me cheerfully, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me. For some reason, this reminded me of Shane's embrace earlier. My mood remained pretty unhappy. I thought being happy to Shane on the phone would help him but I get the feeling he was feeling lower than ever. I cared so much about him and I would give my life if it meant he was happy.

"What's wrong?" She asked, stepping back and shutting the back door.

"Meghan-" I started. I tried desperately to get my words out but it was proving difficult. I had too many emotions rushing through me. "I'm in love"

"Oh my gosh! Joey, that's adorable!" She squealed, grabbing my arms and pulling me through the kitchen to the living room. I sat myself down on the couch and still felt blue. "Then why are you sad?" She added.

"I don't know if he likes me back?" I said, sounding pretty pathetic.

"Who is it? Is it Luke?" She seemed excited about that idea. Admittedly, Luke was gorgeous beyond belief, and I'd love to have a crazy night of fucking with him, but I love Shane.

"Not Luke. Shane" I said, afraid of her response. "He slept over last night"

"How bigs his dick?" She said, as if trying to get all the dirty details. If only I knew.

"Meghansan! We ate pizza, watched movies and fell asleep real late. Then we almost kissed" I added subtly to the end.

"What?! You almost kissed! Tell me all the details!" She shuffled closer to me. It made me want Shane more.

"I was on my bed and he was laid with me and I took his hand and he was weirded out so I got up feeling like an asshole then he came over to me and took my hands and said it was okay and our noses were touching and we almost kissed but then his mom came and honked in the car and then he kissed my cheek."

"Did you want to kiss him?" She asked.

"More than anything. He smelt so amazing" I chuckled. "We just got off the phone too."

"You two are so sucking each others dick" she said, shaking her head.

"He wants to kill himself" I said, finally feeling the tears escape down my cheeks. Meghan said nothing. She just wrapped her arms around me and held me close to her chest. "I love him Meghan. I love him so much. Why can't he see how wonderful he is?"

"I suspect no one gives him a chance. Everyone knows his dad beats him up. Even teachers. No one gives a damn" she sighed.

"I do." I said, feeling useless.

"I can tell" she said, chuckling slightly. I looked up at her and she motioned towards my crotch. I looked, and noticed I was fully hard.

"Shit!" I yelled, covering it with a pillow and feeling even worse. "I'm sorry, Meghan!"

"It's because I mentioned his dick" she teased, elbowing me gently. "Have you eaten today?"

"Don't start this." I warned.

"Have you? It's been 8 months and there hasn't been improvement. What will it take to get you over this?" She pleaded. I knew she had good intentions, I just wanted to look perfect.

"What does it matter?"

"It matters a lot, Joey! I don't want you to starve to death!" She said. I avoided her gaze. "So have you?"

"No"

I then felt a vibration in my back pocket. Thank god. I can bypass the bulimia conversation. Pulling my phone out, Meghan leaned over to read the text I had received.

'Dad almost strangled me to death. He didn't kill me unfortunately. Don't worry I won't do anything stupid I just feel crappy. And I think it would be best if we pretend like this weekend never happened. Okay? I'm sorry. -Shane'

I fell against Meghan and let the tears fall. "It's because of the kiss" I whined. Meghan try to comfort me but nothing seemed to work. I was mess. And only Shane could fix it.