Chapter 20

Chapter 20

~Shane's POV~

"I can't wait to get out of these classes" I said, sitting down in my usual spot beside Joey. He smiled and shrugged, as if to say that he wanted out too. But we can't. We're stuck here and that's that.

As I sat down, my back ached. Jolts of pain surged through my body. I winced, which Joey noticed. He looked at me longingly, wishing he could help. But I told him to forget it happened.

I didn't mean to upset him so much by asking him to forget it. I just wanted to forget that it happened so we could go back to being just friends.

"How do you already know about Sawyer?" Joey came out with at random, his big green eyes looking at me intently.

"We used to be best friends. Before high school. Or middle school. You know, before I came out." I said. I sounded as if I was ashamed of it. But I wasn't, it was just the bad memories after we parted.

"Oh my god. Then why'd he go from best friend to ass hole?"

"I don't know" I say, leaning closer to whisper to him "I know more"

"Can you tell me?" He asks, intrigued.

"Not here" I say, after looking around to see if anyone was listening in.

"Come over after school? We can talk about it properly and stuff" he suggests.

"Okay" I say sounding very sheepish and nervous. Alone with Joey again. This time I'll have to refrain from trying to make out with him. He's not even gay. He's probably in love with Meghan. They're always together anyway? I hope she takes care of him properly. If anything happened to him, I don't know what I'd do.

"Shane?" Joey said, the most adorable little questioning voice coming from him, giving me butterflies.

"Yeah?" I say, trying to imitate that perfect sounding voice.

"What part of this weekend did you want me to forget?" He asked, looking up at me. My heart shattered. The hurt look in his eyes were hard to ignore.

"Joey-" I started, but couldn't finish. I took a few deep breaths while he sat patiently. "Later?" I whispered, looking round. He nodded.

I turned myself to face the front of the class, and suddenly felt Joeys knee brushing up against mine in a teasing manner. I shot him a devilish grin. It was a good job we were the desk at the back so no one could see.

Then I felt his hand on my knee, squeezing it gently. I felt my face flush pure red, and my pants feel tighter.