Chapter 4

Chapter 4

~Shane's POV~

As the assembly finished, it was break time. My least favourite part of the day. Kate had wondered off to find her real friends, so I set off in search of my own. I kept my head down and avoided eye contact with everyone as I power walked through the grounds.

"Look who it is!" I heard a mocking voice from in front of me. I fearfully looked up. Anthony Padilla. The biggest bully at school. My heart fell into my stomach as I knew what would be coming.

"How was your summer, faggot?" He teased, as he came closer to me. I could feel my body trembling. "Not answering me? Bet I can guess what you did. Find a nice piece of ass to play with?" He spat in my face. At this point, everyone in this area had gathered. As always, no one had my back.

He said nothing more. His actions spoke for him. His fist collided with my face, knocking me off guard. I staggered back, just wishing I could have one day without this torment. As my hand reached for my aching cheek, I could hear Sawyer's tormenting laugh come from behind me and push me forward and down to my knees.

Anthony took this opportunity to kick me in the teeth. This made the building crowd cheer. I laid on my side taking everything they gave me.

More kicks followed. Some to my face, some to my stomach. A fair few to crotch. I just took it. Hoping it would result in my death at last.

~Joey's POV~

Again, we sat by our tree. So far, my day was going pretty well. No one outside of Meghan's group had acknowledged my existence. I liked that.

The girls were all talking about lipstick or whatever. I'm gay, but I'm not that gay. I had no idea what they were referring to. I let my mind wonder, observing the students that passed by. A group of guys came passed us, all giddy and excited.

"Luke!" Ingrid yelled towards the group. A particularly hot guy turned and strolled towards us. A few of his friends followed. He sat on the grass beside Ingrid, the other boys just parked themselves behind him. I couldn't help but notice he had a guitar on his back. Music nerd.

A few groups of other giddy students ran past too. Something was definitely going on.

"Have we missed something?" Ingrid asked, shuffling into him. Typical. Attractive guy like him would have a pretty girlfriend.

"Yeah. Padilla beat up that Dawson kid." He chuckled. His laugh was sweet. As was his eyes and his smile. But wait, that Dawson kid? Isn't he that Shane kid from the bus?

"Again? We're not even half way through the first day!" Meghan said, slight sadness in her voice. As if she felt sorry for him. I know I did.

"Is he okay?" Cat asked. I didn't think she cared all that much.

"He just laid there taking it. Coach Newton managed to get Padilla and Hartman off him. He was covered on blood." Again, he chuckled. I was beginning to think that perhaps he's the school punching bag. A position in which I held in my previous school.

"Is he alive?" I asked.

"Yeah I think so. Who are you?" He asked, but in a friendly manner.

"This is Joey Graceffa. He's new" Ingrid told him. He reached out for a hand shake, which I accepted. His hands were warm and soft. I could only imagine the places I wanted them to explore.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Luke Conard."