Chapter 6

Chapter 6

~Shane's POV~

"Hey" he whispered to me, smiling as he did so. I felt like a bag of nerves. Why was he talking to me? Why did he care? But more importantly, why did I care? He's just a boy. Albeit, a gorgeous one, but still, he's just a boy. And I'm just a loser. I'm the type of person he should be taking lunch money from. But I'd let him take it. I'd let him do anything to me. And right now, he's charming me. Whether its intentional or not, he is, and I'm willing letting myself fall for it. Or rather, fall for him.

It took me a few moments to get over the anxiety and build some confidence to reply a very timid "hi" back to him. He smiled a little more, his green eyes sparkling into my own dull blue ones.

He took his pen and a segment of paper and scribbled down some numbers with the word 'joey' above it. He handed it to me.

"I know we've just met and everything, but here's my number. Call me maybe?" He smiled, his voice soft and welcoming. But did he really just drop a Carly Rae Jepson song onto me? Poor boy. He has no taste.

"Thank you" was all I could manage. Forming words and having to actually speak to him wasn't easy. He made me feel so different. So, warm and happy. It had been a long time since I'd felt like this before.

I pulled my phone out from my pocket and saved the number in under the name 'Joey'. I quickly wrote out a text:

'Joey?'

Moments after I had sent it, his phone vibrated in his pocket. It made me jump, which he noticed. "You okay?" He asked, a slight giggle in his voice. I pathetically nodded, smiling away from him as I felt my cheeks burn.

He read his text and chuckled, "texting me already?"

"I was just checking you didn't give me a bogus number" again, my cheeks were burning. I didn't want to screw up around him.

He rested his arm on the desk and turned towards me some more, he was still smiling. And actually, so was I.

"Why would I give you a wrong number? I'm your friend?"

I had a feeling I was really going to enjoy special ed this year.