TWENTY TWO

"I'm not sleeping with you to get back at some fake whore wannabe."

"Then don't do it for Alexa."

"I'm not maliciously hurting my brother either. Or my boyfriend for that matter."

"Why not? He's the reason you're like this." He says pointing at my arm.

"Cameron wasn't even there." I shake my head at him.

"Not Cameron. Isaac."

What? What could Isaac possibly have to do with it? I fell before he could do anything to stop it. It wasn't his fault.

"Apparently the rumour going round is that he tried to kiss you on the mountain. You were so freaked out when it happened that you tried to get away and lost your footing."

"That can't be true" I exclaim, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Do you remember it happening any other way?"

"I don't remember anything Jack." I sigh. I wish I could remember. I wish I could have someone else to blame and stop everyone being mad at me.

"Maybe a little sex therapy will jog your memory." He smirks.

"If you talk about me and you doing it one more time I'm going to punch you so hard that you'll never have children."

"Well damn Luna." He says in shock.

"So is that why you came? To proposition me into sleeping with you?"

"No. Not at all. I thought of that on the stairs. I came to see how you are and to make things better between us. I don't want to fight."

"I don't want to fight either J" I sigh. "Friends?"

"Friends?" He smiles in response.

"Now you have to help me get changed because my brothers have ditched me and my parents are mad at me"

"Why are they mad at you?"

"Everyone hates me for some reason." I shrug. "They think that pushing me away means that I won't hurt myself again but little do they know that they're breaking my heart."

"Awh Luna baby" I pouts pulling me into a hug. "I think we can do one better than changing. You haven't showered in days."

***

After Jack's helped me into the shower and then out again we go back to my bedroom to find that my family is still not home. Even mom and dad's car isn't here. I know what you're thinking, you let Jack see you naked?!?! Well yeah, I had no other choice. I'm completely paralysed in one arm after all.

"So where are you even going?" Jack asks as I struggle to hold my towel up.

"Tyler's basketball game."

"Oh yeah! I've recorded it on TV tonight."

"What are your plans tonight?"

"Sawyer's having a party. She didn't invite you because Saac already told her about the game. And your arm. They seem to be in a lot of contact recently. You'd think she'd have dumped him by now."

"Does she know?"

"I left it to Isaac to tell her. She's his girlfriend after all."

"That means no then." I sigh. "I'll sort it tomorrow. Right now I have to focus on getting changed, going to Tyler's game and making sure Mason has the best birthday ever."

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot! I brought him a card. I left it on his bed on my way up." He exclaims.

"You're the cutest thing" I smile brightly.

"Other than Jeff he's like my brother." He shrugs. "They all are."

"I know" I smile. "So who wants to help their sister/best friend get changed?"

"I guess that would be me" Jack raises his hand reluctantly. I decide on a black crop top with high waisted jean shorts. Despite it being the middle of February it's actually super hot- like summertime hot out today. I dig through my drawers to find a matching black lace underwear set and place them on the bed. "Ooh matching. Someone's getting laid tonight."

"Shut up" I laugh. I pull on the panties subtly and put my arms through the straps of the bra with a struggle. I still manage to keep the towel up. I turn and wait for Jack to do the clasp up.

"You know I'm usually taking these off not putting them on."

"Because you're a playaaaaa" I laugh.

"You know me." He laughs as I drop the towel once everything is in its correct place; if you know what I mean. "I think this is a good outfit. Maybe just go like this?"

"And be on national tv in just my underwear? No thanks." I laugh.

"Fine" He sighs jokingly before helping me step into my shorts, doing up the clasp at the front. He helps me pull my top on quickly as the door bursts open. Isaac bounces into the room, obviously on a sugar high, and flops into the bed.

"Whatcha doin'?" He says like a small child would do.

"Getting changed. Can I help?" I say, hostility bursting through.

"And Jack's helping you?"

"I have one arm. I need all the help I can get. But you wouldn't know that." I growl.

"Not my fault that Charlie invited me and not you."

"It is your fault. All of this is your fault. I know you tried to kiss me." I say testing to see what his reaction would be. His face turns to shock.

"You remember?"

"I don't have to. The look on your face says it all."

"I can explain-"

"No you can't. How can you possibly explain the fact that you tried to kiss your twin sister? No wonder people call us the incest twins. You are one!" I exclaim.

"Luna-"

"No Saac. How can I ever trust you again?"

"I didn't want to kiss you. I took a bet okay."

"You took a bet?" I roll my eyes. "Are you stupid or something?"

"I know. I didn't mean to. I said to some of the guys that I could get any girl to make out with me and they were like I bet you can't get your sister to."

"So you just had to prove them wrong?!"

"It was stupid. I disgusted you. You backed away so quick and when I tried to stop you from falling you were already gone."

"So the whole upset routine was just a plan to get into my pants?"

"I didn't want to sleep with you Luna. I'm not a crazy person."

"Yet you think that kissing your sister is completely normal?"

"No."

"And sleeping with Alexa? Was that a bet too?"

"You know about that?"

"Jack told me everything asshole."

"Luna don't turn on me. I'm your brother."

"No. You're really not. We might be blood and you might have my kidney but I can assure you, you are no brother to me." I say dramatically before storming out of the door.