THIRTEEN

"Looks like Luna's lost again" Jack laughs as he flips my cards over to look at my pathetic excuse for a hand.

"Great" I say with an extremely fake laugh. Isaac gives me a side glance as he picks up on my tone. "I don't think I want to play anymore" I shrug, looking straight at Cameron.

"Yeah, this was a stupid idea" Isaac backs me up immediately. I look to him once more. He tilts his head to the side as if he's waiting to read my mind to see what's wrong. I shake my head. It's stupid anyway, as if I thought anyone would like me for me. I'm just the little sister of the mega sports stars. I'm just the twin sister of Isaac- the coolest guy in school. I'm just Luna Eclipse. I stand up and re-clothe myself quickly. I head towards the door as I hear Alexa whisper to Jack.

"What's wrong with her? She always has to throw a strop and ruin everyone's day." She whispers, not so discreetly.

"That's my best friend you're talking about thank you very much" Jack says sternly. I've never heard this tone of voice from him; so assertive, so protective. He's always the jokey one, the one who's never serious.

"And my sister" Isaac says following me quickly just as I let the door swing behind me. "Luna stop" He calls as I slip into my adjoining room. He doesn't hesitate to follow once again. "You just have to ignore her."

"I'm fine Saac. Just go and enjoy your game"

"I know you Luna. You're not fine. And I can't enjoy it if you're not there"

"You're playing strip poker" I state.

"Okay so that came out wrong. Obviously I don't get a thrill out of seeing you naked. That's weird"

"You're not helping"

"I just meant that I can't enjoy myself if I'm not with you" He says as I pull on my pyjamas, slipping into my bed. He jumps in next to me and pulls him into my arms. "You're my other half Lu. Literally."

"And we've got the matching scars to prove it" I laugh. I trace my finger over the raised line on his abdomen. I sigh to myself. Why can't everything just be this simple? Why can't I just stay here with the only person who's never hurt me (intentionally) and the only person who actually appreciates me 24/7? I hug him tightly as a knock on the door disturbs the peace.

"Yeah?" Isaac shouts.

"It's Cam" The person behind the door calls. Isaac looks at me. I shake my head.

"She doesn't want to see you" Isaac responds.

"Please" He pleas "I don't even know what I've done wrong"

"Why don't you ask your face when you were drooling all over Alexa?" I mutter.

"How about the fact that you were drooling all over Alexa?" Isaac repeats, loud enough for Cameron to hear.

"I wasn't" He exclaims.

"She doesn't want to hear it Cam" Isaac says on my behalf.

"Luna please" He begs. "Can I talk to you face to face instead of through a wooden door and your brother?" I look at up Isaac, he gives me a look as if to say I should talk to him. I suppose I owe it to him. I stand up, Isaac following, I open the door as Isaac moves out into the corridor.

"I'm right in this room" He tells me. I nod and open the door wider, inviting Cameron inside.

"So I know I was drooling all over Alexa-" Cameron starts.

"Then why'd you say you weren't?" I snap.

"I didn't want my face to meet your brother's fist."

"I'm much stronger than him" I shrug.

"I'll bare that in mind" He mutters. "I know I'm an idiot and I know I told you that you're the only girl I'm interested in but-"

"She looks like a supermodel right?"

"A pretty fake supermodel" He mutters. "I tend to go for much more natural girls" He smirks as he sits down on my bed. He still hasn't put a shirt on.

"You're pretty hot you know that right?" I say before I can stop myself. He looks taken aback but then smiles. He stands, walking towards me, stopping just inches from me. He takes my shirt in his hands, pulling me even closer. Our bodies touch and I know it's cliché but fireworks explode in my stomach. Would this be a bad time to kiss him? I'm supposed to be mad at him.

"You're extremely beautiful, you know that right?" He says quietly. I reach up and brush my hand through his short brunette hair. I put it back into position, partially forgetting who I'm talking to. I'm so used to mothering Jack and Saac that I just can't help myself. "I'm sorry Luna. I'll make it up to you some how."

"I can think of a way or two" I smirk. He flashes a cheesy grin before raising a questioning eyebrow. He leans in slightly as I stand on my tiptoes to get closer to him. Our eyes lock as we both lean in closer and closer. His eyes flutter shut as our lips finally connect. I close my eyes and can't help but smile as he bites my lip slightly. Of course that gave him his chance, he slips his tongue in quickly as the kiss turns into a passionate make out. My fingers grip his back tightly as he tightens his grip on my shirt as he pulls me towards the bed. We both fall onto it; me landing heavily on top of him. He grunts slightly as I wind him. I disconnect from him, laughing slightly. "Sorry"

"I don't mind" He smiles as he leans in again. I give a quick peck on the lips before leaning back to look at him. "What?" He smiles as he notices me watching him.

"Nothing" I smile.

"I promise you that I will never look at any one else's boobs other than yours as long as you're interested in me" He says with a slight laugh.

"Not much to look at here babe" I laugh back.

"I think you have great boobs" He tells me. I sit up, straightening my shirt and running a hand through my tangled hair. "Not that I've been looking or anything"

"You can look all you want" I shrug. This is how flirting works right? I'm a bit of a novice.

"Hmm well that's an offer I can't refuse" He smirks, leaning in to kiss me once more. I turn my head slightly so he kisses the side of my mouth. "Oh is that how it's going to be?" He says playfully. He pushes me backwards softly, leaning over me, pinning my hands to the bed above my head. He kisses me slowly in a trail down to my neck where he lingers for a little bit longer. I struggle to break my wrists free from his grip as he sucks on my collarbone slightly. I let out a tiny giggle as he removes one of my hands, moving it to my leg which then involuntarily wraps around him, bringing him closer. His hand then moves to my shirt, lifting it up so he can plant tiny kisses on my abdomen.

I could get used to this.