5.

Katie's POV

Lunch time

-

It turns out that Chris and I also have lunch together.

We have what battle we want to do done. Now to do the research. I have to talk to my parents and tell them and Chris and I need to work together after school to get this project done.

Anyways, somebody's hands are over my eyes.

"Guess who?" The person asked. It's Chris. I recognized his voice.

"Chris, who is about to be dead for smudging up glasses" I said.

"Calm down, I'll clean them" he said, taking them off of me.

"You have pretty eyes" he said.

"Uh... Thank you?" I said.

"You're welcome and I accidentally popped out one of your lenses" he said.

"You cleaned them too hard" I said, popping the lense back in.

I saw my brother waltz over from his table full of preps and jocks to Chris and I.

"Katie, what are you doing with this emo fag?" Justin asked.

"Don't call him that" I said.

"Why not? It's true, now come with me, you're not supposed to be talking to losers and at my table, there's nobody talking about slitting their wrists" he sa
id.

"Justin, please fuck off, Chris is my friend, if you don't leave me alone, I will not hesitate to kick your ass, leave Chris alone too, he did nothing to you. Chris is my project partner and friend, I don't try to pull you away from your friends, don't pull me away from mine" I spat.

"I'm gonna tell mommy and daddy that their little angel said 'fuck' and has a boyfriend and that you two are fucking" he smirked as he walked back to his table.

"I hate him so much" I said.

"Don't get mad. He has no way to prove that we're doing anything besides working together on a project" he said.

"You don't understand Chris, he can make my home and school life a living hell" I said.

"Try telling your parents he's lying" he said.

"I can try, but there's no guarantee that they'll believe me over him" I said.

"You know that I'm down the street if you need me" he told me.

"Thanks" I said.