12.

Katie's POV

Two weeks later

-

It's been two weeks since my parents told me that Chris and I could only be friends. Today would mark one month of us being together.

We haven't really hung out either. We walk to school together, eat lunch together, and walk home together but other than that, we don't hang out. Hell, he doesn't even text me or answer my texts anymore. He's also been really quiet when we do see each other.

Today we have early release because it's the end of the quarter. I'm gonna ask Chris if he wants to hang out after school. Maybe we can hang out at the park. Maybe I can figure out what the hell is wrong with him.

"Mom? Can I hang out with Chris after school?" I asked my mom as I grabbed my backpack off the hook.

"Sure, remember what your father and I said" she said.

"Okay, thanks, love you" I said.

"Love you too. Have a good day" she said before I walked out of the house.

I walked over to where Chris and I meet up usually. He was standing there. He looked like hell. He was still in his pajamas and he looked like he had been crying.

"Hey Chris" I greeted.

"Hi" he quietly spoke.

"You wanna hang out after school?" I asked.

"No" he said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I don't know" he said.

"What the hell is your problem Chris?!" I snapped.

"I don't have a problem" he said. Ha. Couldn't fool me.

"Uh. Yeah. You do. You've been really distant these past couple weeks." I said.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he shrugged.

"What's your problem Christopher?! I'm not gonna stop asking until you tell me what's wrong!" I snapped.

"Fine! My problem is you! You're my problem!" He shouted.

"What do you mean?!" I asked.

"You just fucking let your parents break us up! You didn't even try to bargain with them! You just let them walk all over you!" He yelled at me. We went towards the woods to talk.

"There's not much I can do! If I didn't just accept their offer, I wouldn't be able to see you! If I disobey them and they find out, they can just uproot us and I'll never see you again!" I shouted.

"You need to stand up for yourself Katelyn!" He said.

"I try Chris! I really do! There's not much I can do when they shove their sexist way of life down my throat!" I said. He rolled his eyes. He remained silent and then looked at me. He has such pretty eyes. I've never seen such a pretty shade of brown.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you" he said.

"It's fine. I'm sorry that you're hurt. I really with we could be together. But we can't and that's the world we live in." I said.

"I mean... We could but I don't know if you'd be comfortable with this idea..." He said.

"What's this 'idea' you speak of?" I asked as we sat on our rock.

"We can be together behind your parents' back. It'll be easy to hide. On days we want to hang out. We skip school and they'll never know." He said.

"I don't know..." I said.

"Come on... Just give it a chance..." He said.

"Fine" I gave in. He smiled and kissed me on the lips. I won't lie. I missed kissing him.

"You wanna skip today?" He asked.

"Sure. I mean, we are having early release, we won't be doing anything much" I said.

"Wanna explore the woods? I heard that there's dead bodies in there" he asked. I laughed.

"Sure Chris" I said. He took my hand and we began to walk through the woods.