24.

Katie's POV

Later on that day

-

I just got off work about thirty minutes ago. I'm at Chris's hotel. I'm making him meet my mom... Again...

My mom needs to accept that Chris is apart of my life and he's here to stay. She needs to understand that if it weren't for Chris, she wouldn't have her grandson. Sure, she has a granddaughter but the mom refuses to speak to this family.

Chris and I are hopefully going to be together for a long time this time.

We're taking it kind of slow this time. There's no need to rush since we're adults, we're able to have a long distance relationship if we want, we don't have to worry about being separated.

I mean, if we really wanted to, we could have sex, it'd be a lot more fun this time since we can actually enjoy it, we don't have to rush or worry about parents walking in and we can buy condoms whenever we want.

"So what's the plan for today babe?" Chris asked.

"My mom found out about us" I said.

"What the hell? How?" He asked.

"She asked me where I've been and she knows when I'm lying, so..." I told him.

"How'd she react?" He asked.

"Horribly. We got into an argument, she said that you're gonna get down my pants and leave" I said.

"Trust me Katie, if all I wanted was to fuck you, I would've done it and left already" he said.

"I know babe. Can you do a favor for me?" I asked.

"What?" He asked, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Can you go with me to my house, so you can meet my mom and assure her that you're not using me?" I asked.

"I guess. Only doing this for you babe" he said. I grinned and kissed his cheek.

"You wanna get this over with?" I asked.

"Please?" He asked. I nodded. We got up and walked out of the room.

We went over to my car. I unlocked it and we both got in.

I started it up.

"I'm surprised you don't need a booster seat to drive" he said. I glared at him as he laughed his ass off.

"You better watch yourself Cerulli" I said.

"Babe, I was kidding" he said as I backed out of the parking spot.

"I know" I said as I turned the radio up. A rap station was playing. I didn't care enough to change it.

Chris scrunched up his face in disgust and picked up the AUX cord. He plugged his phone into it and started playing Bleeding Through.

Chris and I are almost polar opposites when it comes to music. I wasn't allowed to listen to punk, rock, metal or anything of the sort as a teenager. He did get me into The Misfits and The Smiths and Morrissey though.

"By the time I leave to go back home, you're gonna at least like Slipknot" he said.

"You can try" I said as he put a hand on my thigh.

"I will succeed" he said.

"Getting a little cocky there hun" I said as I stopped at a red light.

"You know it" he laughed.

"You're a dork" I said.

"Hey! I am not a whale's penis!" He said. I laughed as the light turned green.

"That's something a person who is a whale's penis would say" I laughed. He rolled his eyes as we fell into a comfortable silence.

-

We got to my house. Chris is really nervous.

"Chill out Chris. My mother's opinion of you will not keep me from loving you" I said as we walked into my house.

My mom was sitting her fatass on the couch, as always. My sister was coloring.

"Mom, this is Chris. Chris, this is my mom" I said. My mom glared at my boyfriend.

"H-hello Ms. Allen" Chris said, his voice cracking in that 'hey, I'm going through puberty' way.

"Katelyn, why is he here?" She asked.

"Mom, he's going to be a part of my life for a while, he always will be, no matter what because he helped make Matthew. You can either deal with me being with him or you can say goodbye to me" I said.

"And I told you, that he was a bad influence and I don't want you with him" she said.

"I'm almost twenty-two mom!" I shouted.

"I don't care! He's a bad influence!" She screeched.

"With all do respect ma'am, I'm twenty-three years old, I'm not an irresponsible teenager anymore. I understand that you don't like me but I care for your daughter, I have no intentions of hurting her" Chris said calmly.

"She was heartbroken when we left! You did hurt her!" She said.

"Mom, you and dad uprooted the family because you refused to accept that I'm not a little girl. Chris has never hurt me. He treats me like a fucking queen! I was heart broken because you tore me away from a guy that I was in love with! If anybody is a bad influence, it's you! You're a failure as a parent, you raised Justin to become a felon, you raised me to have a fucked up vision on how girls are supposed to act, you raised Ethan to fucking despise you. Why do you think he left to a college on the other side of the country? And you drove dad away. So now Alice has to grow up without a father." I said. She stared at me. Her eyes welled up with tears.

"Get out. Just go. If you hate me so much. Leave. Don't ever come back." She said.

"Gladly" I smirked as Chris and I walked out of the house.

"I'm so sorry! I got you kicked out!" Chris said as we got back into my car.

"It's no big deal, we fight like this a lot. I just need to give her a few days and she'll beg me to come back because she can't make ends meet without me" I said.

"I still feel like shit because your mom thinks that you'd be better off without me" he said.

"Chris. I know what's best for me. I love you. I don't want anybody else. My mom isn't gonna take over my love life" I said before I kissed him on the lips.

"I love you too. I just don't want to cause tension between you and your mom" he said.

"Christopher, it's not a big deal. Just drop it" I said. He sighed and just said 'okay'.

"I love you Katie" he said.

"I love you too Chris" I said before I kissed him again.

"You wanna stay with me tonight?" He asked. I nodded.

My mom may not like him, but I do and that's all that matters...