28.

Chris's POV

That evening

-

I'm going to make things right with Katie. I love her to death. I should've broken up with my ex before I started dating Katie. I don't deserve Katie but I want this to work.

I bought a last minute flight ticket up here, I'm gonna go to her house and take her on a date, I'm gonna treat her like the queen she is.

I'm at her house. I have a bouquet of roses. Hopefully, her mom doesn't answer the door. I don't think she will, only Katie's car is in the driveway.

I rang the doorbell. My heart was racing. Now is the moment of truth.

I need to prove to her that I really do love her.

-Katie's POV-

I heard the doorbell ring. I got up and answered the door.

Chris was standing there, holding a bouquet of roses. He wasn't wearing makeup, although he did look weird without his eyebrows.

"When the hell did you get here?" I asked.

"About forty-five minutes ago" he told me.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I need to make things right" he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I fucked up Katelyn. I don't deserve you. But I want you to know that I really do love you" he said, handing me the flowers.

I let him in. My mom and sister are in Georgia for a couple weeks for vacation. Plus, Alice is meeting our dad for the first time since she was two, so that'll be an experience for her.

"I know you love me Chris. It's hard to move past something like that. You should know that." I told him.

"I guess you're right. Can I take you out on a date?" He asked.

"Sure" I said. He grinned.

"Wear something nice" he said.

-

I got dressed into a simple black dress and flats.

Chris was still waiting downstairs for me. He grinned when he saw me.

"You're so beautiful" He said. I smiled as he got up and hugged me.

"You ready to go?" He asked. I nodded. He grabbed my hand and led me out the door.

We walked to his rental car. He opened the door for me. I got in and buckled up. 

He got in on the drivers side and started up the car. He shut the door and buckled himself in.

He pulled out of my driveway and began to drive.

-

We got to this nice restaurant. I'm not sure what type of restaurant but it was nice. But not like 'can't get in unless you wipe your ass with gold toilet paper' or ridiculously priced food and really small servings.

But, it was nice in a sense where you should probably wear something nice.

Chris pulled my chair out for me. I thanked him as I sat down.

"How was your flight?" I asked.

"It was alright. Last minute. But alright" he said.

"You didn't have to come out here... Or come out here last minute." I told him.

"I know, but I felt like we needed to talk things out face to face" he said.

"How long are you out here?" I asked.

"As long as you want me here. But the band and I are gonna be doing a small tour at the end of June" he told me.

"My mom and sister are gone for a couple weeks. So it'll be just us, but I work for a few hours every other day" I told him as a waiter approached our table.

"My name is Drake, and I'll be your waiter for tonight, is there anything I can get you guys to drink?" He asked.

"Coke please" Chris said.

"Coke" I said. Drake nodded and walked off.

"So, we can see each other and not worry about your mom kicking you out?" Chris asked. I nodded.

"I'm sorry that I've been a bitch to you" I told him.

"Why are you saying sorry to me? I betrayed you" he said.

"Because you've been trying to be a good boyfriend and I've been bitching at you" I said.

"You have every right to bitch at me. I deserve it" he said.

"No, you don't. You're doing what you can to try to earn my trust back" I said.

He leaned over and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

I hope all goes well tonight.