Chapter 2 The Scarlet Letter

We found a house on the outskirts of town to stay in I could never go back to Salem Massachusetts after what happened no matter what I will never go back there. It's been 20 years since me and Elizabeth moved to the town of Boston while in town we met Hester Prynne who had just moved hear from England to prepare a house for her husband for when he arrives. Me and Elizabeth became good friends with Hester who I could see is in love with the young reverend Dimmesdale and he fell in love with her to. We herd the news that the ship her husband was on disappeared or sank for 2 years we thought he was dead. Hester and reverend Dimmesdale were in love with each other I knew that they were meant for each other if only they could be together in public instead of halfing to hide there love for each other. I always told Elizabeth to find the person she truly loved and not kinda loved. As the months passed Hester Prynne and reverend Dimmesdale became very close I remember one night I saw them go into her house and didn't come out for hours. A few months later I saw that Hester's stomic had gotten bigger and I'm not the only one who notice everyone in town has noticed too. A week later Hester was put in the jail because she had become pregnant even though her husband was not here so she was charged with adultery but no one knew who the father was. After three months Hester gave birth to a baby girl she named Pearl, she reminded me of the woman I called my aunt even though she was my mothers friend she still treated me like her own. A few weeks after Pearl was born Hester was to stand on the platform with Pearl in her arms while Hester had on a scarlet letter A. She was to stand there all day not allowed to hide the A on her chest I was appalled by this it was not right to do this to anyone. Then Hester tensed up and I fallowed to where she was looking and saw an old man who I recanised as her husband and I was surprised he was even alive. I saw him ask someone something but I just kept my eyes on Hester and Pearl just I case something happens. Once it started to get dark they took Hester and Pearl back to the jail I was still upset that they would do this to her. After all that they put her in a cabin away from everyone and no one was aloud to talk to her but I did I didn't care what people said. Year after year as Pearl grew she became a brat and I could understand why everyone hated her calling her a demon child but she was an angel with me and Elizabeth. I helped Hester the best I could but she always looked sad and I under stood why she couldn't see reverend Dimmesdale without her husband being there. After awhile Hester dressed like everyone else and there was no more life in her the light she once had was gone it pained me to see her like that but I could do nothing to help. Then it happened reverend Dimmesdale took Hester and pearls hands and took them to the platform and stood there to show he is paying for his crime and confessed that he was Pearls father then he died. I was sad that he died after that Hester and Pearl left on a boat to England I was sad to see them go but at least she would be happy now.