Chapter 18

Lux's P.O.V

I walk alongside Sebastian, while Alois annoys Ciel. I feel bad for him, but I don't wanna deal with the blonde idiot. And besides, Claude is walking next to me as well. I slowly transition closer to Sebastian as we walk through the town to arrive at the crime scene. Alois absolutely refused to ride in the carriage. I have to admit, it was pretty nice taking a walk through town.

Something in a shop window catches my eye and I stop for a second to examine it. 'Funtom's Bitter Rabbit.' A vision pops in my head. A map with Funtom's Bitter Rabbit drawn on it. I shake my head and continue looking.

When I'm done, I look around for Sebastian and then realize something: 'Oh yeah, I stopped while they were walking. Oops... uhh, where was the crime scene again? Maybe I'll find it by wandering around.' So I wander around the town.

"Hey, you!" I stop to see where the voice was coming from. I turn around and see two guys looking at me. I point at myself, silently asking if they were talking to me.

"Yeah." They walk towards me. "Why's a cute girl like you out here alone?" The one on the right asks.

I avoid eye contact. "I-I got s-seperated. And now I-I'm lost."

"Well, why don't you come have some fun with us?" The one on the left suggests. I look down and see a bottle hanging from his hand. 'Beer? Do they even call it that? Doesn't matter, but they're probably drunk.'

"Uhh, I-I'm good." I start to back up slowly.

The one on the right frowns. "Doesn't matter." They start walking closer to me.

'Shoot.' I turn and begin to run. I close my parasol so I would lose wind resistance. I turn my head to see them still chasing me. 'It's getting hot. I've got to lose them.'

I turn a corner and collide with something-, er, someone. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologize quickly. I'm then lifted off the ground and set on my feet.

"There you are!" The guys from before turn the corner. I'm about to run until the person I ran into steps in between the drunk idiots and me, along with someone else.

"Agni, protect this girl.!" I hear the person command. 'Wait, that's Prince Soma! And Agni!'

"Jo agni!" Agni responds and takes the wrapping off of his hand. Both of the drunken idiots are passed out in mere seconds. I tug on Soma's clothes and he turns around. I lower my head.

"Th-thank you for helping me." I let go of his clothes.

"No problem. My, isn't she a pretty one Agni?"

"She is, prince."

"My name is Soma. And this is Agni."

"M-my name i-is Lux. It's n-nice to meet you, y-your highness." I curtsy.

Soma gives a soft laugh. "No need for formalities. What is a young lady doing all by herself?"

"I-I got separated. Maybe I should've stayed wh-where I got separated."

Soma bends down a bit to make eye contact with me. "We would be glad to help you. Who were you with?"

'Oh? I guess I've made another narrow escape, once again.' "Earl Ciel Phantomhive."

"Shorty? Alright! Let's go!" Soma cheered and started leading the way.

"Um, Soma, do you even know where you're going?" I ask.

"Prince, we should be going that way." Agni points to the opposite way.

"Right." He turns around and starts going the way Agni pointed. I run to catch up and walk alongside him.

"So how did you and Ciel meet?" Soma asks me.

"I was almost hit by the carriage Sebastian was driving. It was cold and rainy, so he let us stay at his manor."

" 'Us'?"

"My friends, Nina, Taika, and Kim. They're all at the manor currently. Ciel was given a task from the queen and she wanted me to help."

A man bumps into me and knocks me down. I try to get a look at his face, but can only see his back. 'He seems familiar.'

??? P.O.V

'Such a pure soul. But it is tainted with that foul demon's scent. I must completely cleanse that soul.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crystal_Turquoise: I IS BACH!!!

Yeah, I broke a toaster with a bagel the other day, like SpiffyEmerald said.

Whatever! The past can't be rewritten!

Anyway, short chapter compared to what I've been posting recently.

Don't really have a whole lot to talk about. It's been pretty dull. Well, except me jabbing my friends in the side during lunch. They tried to fight back, but I won in the end. XD

Well then, I'm gonna leave it at that, so please do me a favor...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

..

; )

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

PLEASE STAY AWESOME!!!

>w<