Chapter 34

Lux's P.O.V

"No... no... NOOOOO!" I scream and jolt awake. My breathing is heavy as I stare off into space, recalling the demented dream.

"Lux. Lux!" Someone says as they gently shake me. I snap out of my trance.

Sebastian engulfs me in a hug. "Do not do that, Lux." I slow my breathing.

"I'm sorry. I had a bad dream." I bury my head into his chest.

"Nothing can get to you. Not while I am around." Sebastian reassures me. He releases me. "What would you like for breakfast?"

"Hmm, chocolate chip pancakes!"

Sebastian smiles. "But first, you have to get dressed."

I throw the covers off of me and slowly get out of bed. I'm able to stand on my feet now. Wobbly, but still standing. Sebastian helps me get to the bathroom and hands me my outfit for the day. It's a knee-length, baby blue sundress. Along with matching mary-janes and white tights.

I exit the bathroom once I've finished. I see Sebastian holding a black, velvety box that's long. "I wanted to give this to you earlier, but then you were kidnapped." He opens it to reveal a silver bracelet. Attached to it are two interlocking hearts. Black and white. Black for the demon that's a crow and white for the witchling whose name means 'light'.

I hug Sebastian and give him a kiss when I let go. "I love it." He helps put it on my right wrist.

"Now then, shall we go?" He picks me up bridal-style and we head to the kitchen. I see that the sun is just rising through one of the windows.

Sebastian walks into the kitchen and sets me gently on a countertop. Next to me, he starts making the pancake batter. One of the bells on the wall rings. At that moment, Finny walks in.

"Finny, can you please watch Lux while I go tend to the young master's needs?"

"Yes Mr.Sebastian!" Finny salutes. Sebastian leaves the room. "How are you feelin', Lux?"

I smile. "Better." And then my stomach growls. "And hungry." I look to where Sebastian was preparing the pancakes and see a container of chocolate chips. So what do I do? Eat some.

"Lux, I don't think Mr.Sebastian wants you eatin' the ingredients." Finny says.

"But I'm hungry and breakfast isn't finished." I whine. "Besides, I love sweets."

"So that is why you chose chocolate chip pancakes." Sebastian appears behind Finny.

"Ah, Mr.Sebastian!"

"Thank you, Finny. Now return to your chores." Finny nods and runs out to the garden. "Now then, Lux. The chocolate chips are for the pancakes." He takes the container, but only after I grab a handful. He smiles and shakes his head.

"Aww." I pout. Sebastian chuckles.

By the time I've finished eating the chocolate chips, Sebastian's finished making the pancakes and my hands have some melted chocolate on them. Sebastian takes out a handkerchief and cleans my hands. When he turns around, I jump on his back.

"Onwards!" I shout.

Sebastian puts everyone's food on the cart thingy and starts walking to the dining hall. I never did really know what it was called. 'I think people in England call it something different than people in America. Right?'

Sebastian opens the door to the dining hall and enters. Everyone looks confused as to why I'm on Sebastian's back. "Pancakes!" I shout. Sebastian sets everyone's plate in front of them. He takes me off his back and sets me in my seat. I begin happily eating my pancakes. 'I missed Sebastian's cooking.'