Chapter 14

Sam's P.O.V.

I got Liam some Spider-Man stuff and then went back to the hospital, but before I went in I made a phone call to Liam's grandma. Trish ADORES Liam with all of her heart and she loves him to death. I called her and told her to come up to the hospital and that I'd be waiting.

Ten minutes later, I saw her pull in. I was absolutely terrified to break the news to her.

"Hey!"

She turned and saw me and her eyes narrowed and worry masked her face.

"Hi. What the hell is going on? Why are we at the hospital?" She questioned.

I sighed and leaned against my car.

"So, Jordan and I found out some stuff about Liam. Some really bad stuff...." I started.

Tears started streaming down my cheeks and I buried my face in my hands.

"Whatever it is, I know he'll be better soon hon." She tried to comfort me.

"No! You don't fucking know that! No one does! He's got stage two lung cancer!" I screamed, tears rushing down my face the whole time.

Her face fell and immediately her eyes filled with tears.

I reached in to my car and grabbed my pack if cigarettes that I kept just in case and pulled one out. I lit it and took a long drag, letting the stress drain from me.

"After I finish this, we'll go up and see him. I got him a toy for while he's in bed and I think he'll be happy to see you."

She simply nodded and wiped away her tears.

I finished my cigarette and we headed up to Liam's room with his new stuff.

Jordan walked out of the room to greet me. She was surprised to see her mom but she didn't say anything. She just hugged us both and kissed me quickly.

"He's asleep right now so I'm going to grab some food and stuff. We haven't eaten or slept in almost twenty-four hours." She sighed while explaining.

Jordan was right. Neither of us had slept or anything in almost a day.

"Trish will you help us out? Once we eat and stuff, will you stay here and watch him? We really need to sleep so I'm gonna take us home. We'll be gone for a while if you don't mind. Call us if anything happens." I whispered to her. She just nodded and mouthed okay.

Jordan came back with some food which we ate quickly. And then I told Jordan the plan and she easily agreed.

---------

Jordan's P.O.V.

Sam drove us home and pulled me into the house. I was exhausted so Sam just gave up and carried me to our room.

"Jordan? Did you do this?" She asked quietly.

I looked around and saw the living room, completely trashed with glass laying everywhere.

"Yeah. I'll get it fixed, don't worry."

She just walked past it and then we climbed into bed. She immediately cuddled up to me and held me close and tight. I felt my forehead getting wet and knew that she was crying.

"Sam, I know he'll be ok. I promise. I love you, Sammyboo." I murmured to her and kissed her firmly on the lips.

Then I fell asleep, completely exhausted and somewhat content.