Chapter 16

Sam's P.O.V.

Liam's cancer was gone for now. He had had two months worth of chemo and that's how long we'd been in the hospital. His diabetes and age complicated things so we had been living in the hospital for two months. Today was the day to go home though. He had finally been released and was given the OK to go home but he had doctor appointments lined up for every week for the next six months.

"Mommy! I go home now?" Liam asked me.

"Yeah buddy! Come on, grab Tiger's box and you can drive him to the car." I answered my almost two year old.

Liam grabbed his kitten s little box and put it in his car and drove down the hall giggling. I smiled.

"Do we have everything, babe? Jordan asked me.

I nodded and grabbed the two suitcases in one hand and Jordan's hand in my other.

"Let's go home."

I pulled Jordan forward out into the hallway.

Soon we had everything loaded and we were heading home. A grin was on my face the whole time.

-------

We pulled into the driveway and I pulled out Liam and gave him Tiger's box.

"Go on inside buddy. We're right behind you."

Liam ran to the front door and tried to open it unsuccessfully. I laughed lightly as Jordan opened it for him.

"WELCOME HOME, LIAM!!!!!" My family screamed.

Liam jumped and grinned. He ran up to Peyton and Trish and hugged them tightly. Then he looked at the other people here.

"Who they?" He asked.

"Liam, this is my side of the family. Jamie is your great-aunt, that's grandma, that's your aunt Ashley, and that's your great grandma, and that's uncle Connor." I introduced Liam to my family.

Over the past two months, I had contacted my family and told them everything. I've been talking to them for about a month now and convinced them to meet my son and fiancé, although most of them knew Jordan.

Jordan hid behind me a little bit, afraid of seeing my family again after three years.

My brother stepped forward and smiled at Liam.

"Hey Liam. I'm uncle Connor. I heard you were sick for awhile but you're better now. That's awesome!" Connor high-fived Liam.

My mom and aunt walked towards him next.

"Hi, Liam. I'm, um, you're grandma. And this is aunt Jamie." My mom introduced her and Jamie. They both smiled at him and he smiled his cute little smile back.

My sister and grandma stayed quiet. They didn't move towards him and didn't say hi. I frowned at them.

"Um, grandma? Ashley? Can I have a word?" I asked, anger leaking into my voice.

Everyone flashed me a look and the two got up and walked with me to my room.

"What the hell?! Ashley, this is your nephew and grandma, this is your great-grandson! Why aren't you talking to him?! He's been in the fucking hospital with cancer for two months! If you don't wanna be here, then leave and don't come back. I know you guys don't accept Jordan and I, but you won't treat my son like this. Either be polite and treat him like family or get the hell out of my house." I spat at them.

They both looked astonished.

"Sam, I will never accept you guys. It's wrong. And Liam should be in a better home, without two queers raising him." Ashley said back.

"Get out of my house. I never want to see you again. Leave now or I will help you." I threatened.

Ashley stormed out, her face red with anger.

"Sam..... I don't accept you and you know that. I don't think he should be raised by homosexuals. I agree with Ashley." My grandma said.

"Then you can follow her out the door."

My grandma got up slowly, tears building in her eyes.

"I hope you change and I hope your good with God." She murmured before leaving.