Chapter 2

Sam's P.O.V.

You know how people say there's a light when you die? Or you're life flashes before your eyes?

Well those are lies.

For me, I felt nothing. It was just dark and cold. Death is cold. I kept wishing for a jacket or blanket. Anything to warm me up. Jordan popped into my head right then. Panic struck through me. She was going to freak out. She would be heart broken.

Suddenly, she was in front if me. She was lying down on a floor and her eyes were closed tightly. I walked over to her somehow and she looked up at me. I held my hand out towards her.

"Jordan follow me. Come here. But you have to hurry. There isn't much time. Please baby. Come on. Hurry! JORDAN!"

I said, getting louder and louder. I could feel her slipping away from me. She faded out and then I could see her anymore.

I sat down on the cold, black floor. I laid back and just stared up at the nothingness.

At first it was subtle. I was slowly getting warmer, until I was at the perfect temperature. And my left shoulder was getting wet. A little wet spot was visible on the material resting there.

And then I felt something beating, right over my heart. It wasn't inside of me. I could just feel it. It was fast and it wasn't a normal heartbeat. There was a murmur in it.

Then, something soft touched my face and I could hear voices. They were far away and I couldn't tell what they were saying. But I could hear some people talking.

And then soft, warm lips pressed to mine. My eyes shut and I struggled to hold on to that feeling but it disappeared soon, along with the heat and the heartbeat.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried hard to go back to the hospital and slowly, very slowly, I could see the lights under my eyelids and I could feel the bed beneath my body and I could hear a beep.

A warm body landed on top of me followed by a beautiful voice.

"Sam! Wake up boo! Come back to me baby...." She said.

I focused everything I had on her voice.

I lifted my heavy eyelids and tried to focus on her face.

Her blue eyes were filled with amazement and happiness. Tear streaks were on her cheeks and under her eyes was puffy.

"How long was I out?" I whispered.

Jordan didn't reply. She pressed her lips to mine fiercely first and I smiled into her passionate kiss.

She pulled away and hugged me so tightly I couldn't breathe. She buried her face into my shoulder and sobbed hard. I rubbed her back and let her cry for a good five minutes before she pulled away.

"A few minutes." A voice said.

I knew that voice. Very well. But why was she here? She hated me. She hated me with her daughter. Why was she here?!

"Trish?!" I asked.

"Hi Sam. Glad to see you're awake." She said quietly.

Her eyes were on the ground and an awkward and sad look was on her face.

"Jordan why is your mom here? What's going on?" I whispered to Jordan.

Jordan's head snapped up and looked to Trish. She was obviously surprised to see her here.

"Mom?" She asked.

Trish looked at her sadly and walked out of the room.

I had a very bad feeling.