15- Epilogue

*beep* *beep* *beep*
I can hear a machine beeping near me, it's cold wherever I am. I slowly open my eyes to a blinding white light. I am in the infirmary.
I try to sit up, but the pain in my back makes that impossible. I sit staring at the white tiled ceiling unable to move waiting for someone to come in as I am not feeling well enough to shout.
A nurse comes in after a while to see me awake.
"You're up finally, good. We were hoping you wouldn't be out for too long. Everything okay?" The nurse asks.
"No, my back hurts like hell," I say in meekly due to the pain in my back.
"That will happen if you get electrocuted and kicked in the back."
"I don't remember being kicked."
"I'm surprised you remember anything considering you took a large chunk of metal to the forehead."
"Wait... where am I?"
"You're still in the park."
"How? Wouldn't they have shut this place down after the incident?" I say trying to sit up agian and failing.
"Please stay laying down, but Simon's taking care of it. Claire, Owen, and the ACU all knew about Hoskins and what he did. A man hunt is underway. He endangered thousands of lives from around the world and some even died as well due to what he did"
It's quiet while she checks up on the machines. When she's about to leave I ask "how long have I been out?"
"A month and a half. Is that all?"
"Yes, thank you" I say exasperated. I can't wrap my head around this. I've been out cold for a month and a half... who's been running the show? Feeding the dinos? Cloning new dinos? Fixing up the park? I'm sure I'll find out once I'm finally out of this bed.
A few hours later Simon came in to greet me.
"How're you feeling," he asked me
"Not too great."
"You know I had to put someone else in charge of the park? I couldn't just leave this place without someone running it. If you want to stop while you're still alive you're more than welcome."
"Are you kidding me? This is the best job I could have. I get to raise my own dinosaurs, mess around, and make money. I don't have to deal with a lot of tedious work because I've hired people to do it for me. It's too much fun to give this up."
"Well you'll have to tell the new manager that they're out of the job once you're up."
"I'll do that then," I say. He says goodbye and walks out.
------------------
I took almost another month just to get me back in action, it wasn't easy trying to walk after sitting in bed for over a month. As soon as I was finished I took a walk to find Owen. It didn't take long to find him training a phase 1 raptor in it's cage.
"Hey Owen!" I shout
"Well, if it ain't sleeping beauty," he replies after walking out of the cage, "get enough?"
"I could still go for a nap," I say sarcastically, "By the way who's been running this place while I've been out cold?"
"I'll show you in a bit," he says
"Did they learn about Rexy?"
"What do you take me for? I haven't told anyone."
"What about Claire?"
"..." He just stares blankly
"You don't know do you?"
"Nope"
"Well guess we'd better find out," I say "Since I'm obviously not in a good shape to be driving I'll leave that up to you."
We hopped on his motorcycle and took off. He drove me over to the arena which was still standing.
"Why didn't we take that thing apart" I ask.
"The new manager wanted to keep it."
"Well I guess me and them will have a little chat about this " I say while hopping off the bike.
"I'll just wait here," Owen says
I walk up into the building and begin to look for the new manager. After a while I find them sitting in an office that was recently built inside.
"Who're you?" I ask them
"My name's Emily Dodgson," she says, "and who might you be"
"I'm this park's manager," I say
"Wait... you mean..."
"Yes, I'm the one who's been in the infirmary for the past month and a half. I'm here because I'm taking my job back."
"You can't just do that!" She says angrily
"You're a replacement, Simon hired you. If you don't want a pack of trained velociraptors on you then I suggest you don't give me any reason to be suspicious," I say very straight forward
She realizes what I'm talking about and settles down. After a while she asks "Them what about me? What am I to do?"
I ponder the question for a bit and after a while respond "You can still be in charge of overseeing construction. I'll have to approve anything you want to build, but as long as you show me what you're doing you can stay working in the park. I'm in charge of dinosaur production and care though"
She nods in response.
I look out the window and look at the cranes moving above the tree tops far away.
"There's a lot of work to be done around here. You've got your work cut out for you," I say to her.
"So what do I do next?"
"Rebuild," I start to walk out "I've got work to do though. I've got a revenge to plan for"
I walk outside and get on Owen's bike. We drive off towards the park.