2- The Daughter of a Monster

I arrive at the laboratory and see that the trucks had already made their stop here. I go inside. People are rushing around and I head into a specific hallway that is mostly unoccupied. Me and Owen look around before I reveal the secret keypad. I punch in the code and a wall panel opens.
We enter and it closes behind us. There Henry Wu works on the retrieved samples.
"Hope you aren't expecting results already," Wu said jokingly.
"Just want to see what you're doing."
"I promise I won't steal samples."
We step down the ladder onto the work floor and watch through one of the windows on the sterilized areas where the scientists work.
Wu greets us, he's busy typing on a tablet.
"Do you know if these samples are sufficient?"
"We've got flesh, even as rotten as it is we can easily use it. It'd be much harder if we only had bones."
"Good to hear. How long do you think it'll take?"
Owen is tapping on the glass of one of the rooms trying to irritate the men inside.
"Maybe a couple of weeks. The data retrieved from those dinosaurs computers in the old visitor center really helps."
"If something goes wrong, you know what to do."
I walk over to Owen who had succeeded in his task, "Stop bothering those men, I want see what Emily is up to."
He chuckles at the very irritated scientists and agrees to head out.
We head towards the front door, but as we reach the lobby someone steps through the doors.
He is very old looking, gray hair, wrinkly skin, but to be honest he doesn't look too bad for his age. I recognize him instantly.
"Ian Malcolm?"
He shakes his head in agreement.
"What are you doing here," I say in complete shock.
"Where's Emily?"
"What?"
"Where is she, I uh have something to uh discuss with her."
"We're heading over to see her if you want to join us," I say nervously.
He doesn't say anything, but he walks out to where my truck was and I assumed that meant he was okay with it.
He gets in the passenger side of my truck and I'm just trying to figure out why he's here. I get in, start my truck, and start to drive to where Emily's office was with Owen tailing me.
"Did she do something?" I ask Malcolm while driving.
"We'll see," he says forbiddingly.
I get really tense as we continue to drive in silence.
After about 10 minuets we arrive at the arena. I got out and lead Malcolm inside. Owen was keeping his distance, he didn't like where this was going.
I open the doors to the office and Emily looks up. Malcolm and her make eye contact and a cold stare down starts. Neither shows any emotion, but don't take their eyes off each other.
"You know very well why I'm here," Malcolm says devoid of emotion.
"I could take a guess."
"Your father was an uh evil man. Many died because of him, the last time uh a Dodgson had access to this island it fell into complete disaster."
"I'm not my father," she says hushed but very angry.
"Bullshit, he uh raised you." Ian walked around to her and started talking right to her face, "It's only a matter of time until the phrase 'Like father like son' uh becomes 'Like father like daughter'."
She is holding back her rage.
"How many people did your father test dangerous chemicals on who ended up dead?! How many people has he killed trying to clone dinosaurs?! How many do I not even know about?! That man couldn't have raised a child that was in anyway normal."
She now throws her papers on the floor and shouts back at him, "I'M NOT MY FATHER!!! My father was a villain who treated me like shit! Why do you think I took this job?! Huh?! I wanted to rub something in that bastard's face, something that he would be jealous of. I'm doing what he could have only dreamed of, I am an owner of this whole island!" She began to push him as she spoke, "So don't you come to me and act like you knew my father, don't act like you know what I am, don't you come in accusing me of such horrendous acts. I am not my father and I never will be!"
"We'll see about that missy. I've always been correct, my record isn't uh going to be broken with you. You're going to be the uh downfall of this whole park whether you uh want to be or not." With that Malcolm leaves the room without a word to me.
An uncomfortable silence fills the arena. Emily is staring at the floor so I cannot see her face. "Please just... leave me alone for a bit," she said solemnly. I obliged and shut the door to leave her in peace.