12- The Brewing Storm

The cage was completely hidden, the walls painted by experts to look like the tops of trees.
tall trees were planted in the lowered exhibit to cover up the cage itself. The cage sunk about 13 feet into the ground so the Rex wouldn't be able to climb out.
I turn to Wu who just finished inspecting the cage.
"Looks like this will do, it's hidden, sturdy, and efficient. So how do you want to transport her?"
"No one is to know about her, we wait until everyone has gone to bed other than us and the ACU. We'll have them clear the way and make sure no one is out there. Then we'll drive her over to this cage"
"Drive?"
"A helicopter will make too much noise. You'll have to sedate her heavily though, I don't want any accidents."
"Understood," he says and then gets in the jeep with me. I drive back and out the hidden path obscured by a tree line, thank you for the idea Hoskins.
I drop off Wu at the lab and get a message from Owen
Owen- It's been a while, what's going on?
Manager- We can meet up for lunch tomorrow and then I'll tell you.
Owen- Okay, but where?
Manager- The Trex Treetops.
Owen- See you then.
I drive back to my hotel and do some work until nightfall. I'm looking out the window and see the last light go off in the plaza area.
I walk out and towards the lab not wanting to make noise or turn any lights on. I stealth my way around the gigantic mosasaur tank, sure to not pass by any windows where I could be spotted. I approach the locked door of the Creation Lab, the key card slides into the override and opens the door. I make sure no one sees me go in.
Wu is waiting around the corner for me.
"Send ACU out now, no vehicles and they need to be stealthy. All on foot and fully equipped with night vision, use raptor escape procedures."
He sends a message to ACU while I watch the plaza from the shadows making sure no lights come on.
About 40 minuets later ACU send a message back saying that the path is clear.
Rexy is put onto a large truck and I get in to drive. Two ACU soldiers open the large doors slowly and quietly.
I start up the truck and carefully pull out of the garage. Then I zoom out of the plaza onto the paved road.
---------------
It's lunch break time for the staff and I head down to the Restaurant. I take a table I want. The perks of owing the restaurant is that I don't have to pay for my food. Owen drives up on his motorcycle a while after I sit down. I wave to him, he walks over, and sits down.
"You want to eat or just get to business?" I ask him
"I'm hungry so I'll order and we can talk while eating."
Me and him order a meal and a drink each.
"Alright, so what's up?" Owen asks after sipping his soda.
"I can trust you with a secret right?"
"Sure, these lips are sealed," he said while making a motion around his mouth.
"I have something to show you," I say, then get the feeling of being watched. I look over at Owen and see he feels the same way. I look around to see no one. He leans in and asks in a hushed voice
"Where is it?"
"It'll be a drive away."
"So we're going to need to finish eating?"
"Yes."
"Alright."
We finish eating then go to our vehicles. I radio in to the ACU who are stationed on the road that I'm coming and to check if anyone follows me.
Owen starts up his motorcycle while I hop in my truck. I drove off normally so I don't attract any attention to my myself, but I know someone is following us.
As I'm approaching where I'd turn into the jungle my radio goes off.
"Sir someone's behind you."
"What? Who is it?"
"It's... it's Hoskins!"
"Dammit," I signal for Owen to come up on my side so I can talk to him.
"What's going on?" He asks
"Hoskins is on our tail."
"What do we do?"
"We lose him, follow me."
I turn to the right, the opposite direction of Rexy's cage. I step on the pedal. Owen flys ahead of me showing me where it's safe to drive. I yell at him.
"When we find a good spot get off your bike and find a place a good place to hide!"
He throws up a signal showing he understood me.
After a short time of driving he starts to stop as do I. We jump out and run in different directions. I dive for a thick bush while Owen climbs a tree to the top.
Silence overtakes the jungle for a few moments. Then the sound of a car approaches.
The wheels grind to a stop. I peek over to see Hoskins looking around.
"Dammit! How'd he know?!" He said while kicking one of the wheels of my truck. He studies the surrounding jungle.
"Search the area, see if you can find them."
The troops that were in his truck start to walk around carefully, observing everything. They are going to find me if I don't do something. Then I think of something, that old video game trick for stealth.
I pick up a rock and toss it into a bush a little ways away. They don't see me toss it and they move in to investigate. I quickly climb up a tall tree, but I'm careful not to shake the branches as I find a place to hide.
They continue to search for a good long while until I hear Hoskins say, "Goddammit, that bastard. We'll find what we need to know eventually." He gets back in his car and drives off. Owen looks out towards my position and we wait for ACU to radio me back.
It seems like hours before before my radio goes off.
"He's left the road sir."
"Thank you."
Owen gets down and I walk over.
"If Hoskins is after you this had better be very important."
"More than you'd believe."
We get back in our vehicles and start the drive back and towards Rexy's Cage.
---------------
As we arrive I see Owen gets a smirk from seeing the painted walls.
"Decided to give him a taste of his own medicine?"
"You bet, you want to see what's inside."
"No, I'm not curious at all," he says in a sarcastic voice.
We take the stairs down to the viewing area.
"Is that a Trex? What's so secret about that?"
"That's not just any old Trex, that's a genetically perfect Female Tyrannosaurus Rex. Enhanced to the best they could possibly be."
His eyes light up, "Wow," he says while looking at the Rex. "She have a name?" He says after a long pause
"Yeah, we call her Rexy."
"Like the one from the old park?"
"Yup."
"You ever wonder what happened to her?"
"Of course, but it's not something that keeps me up at night."
We sit and ponder for a while.
"You think Hoskins has her in that secret building of his?" Owen suggests.
"Maybe... that would be a good reason to keep it hidden," I say then proceed to say, "You cannot tell anyone about this."
"Yeah, after that Hoskins thing I kinda figured that out. Not to mention that you already said it's a secret."
"Ready to head back? The scientists want to preform some social interaction test with her and they'd prefer if no body was near"
"She can see us?"
"She's got eyesight so good she puts Eagles to shame"
She sat in the shade of some trees staring right at us through what was suppose to be a one way window.
"I get the point, yeah... let's head back."
I get in my truck and get ready to leave when the ACU radio me again.
"Hoskins is back."
"You serious?"
"Yeah, he's going a lot slower. He's just waiting for you to come out, what do you want to do?"
"Alright uh... we'll just wait here until he's gone I guess."
I tell Owen the bad news.
"What're we going to do while we wait," I ask him
He pulls out a deck of Jurassic World playing cards
He gets a smile on his face and says "Go fish?"
----------------
It's been 2 hours and some scientist have joined our game of Go Fish... which happens to be in the back of my truck. Owen is stacked with cards.
"How're you so damn good at this game?" I ask.
"Pure luck," he says with a mischievous smile.
I radio the ACU guys.
"Is he gone yet?"
"He just keeps going up and down."
"Alright well I've got a plan."
I look at Owen.
"You give up?" he asks.
"You are the supreme champion this round,"
Owen shows his cards to reveal that his current hand of 7 cards had only 1's.
"I guess I can't trust you to not cheat."
"We never said that was against the rules."
The scientists throw their cards down in anger and head back to the exhibit.
"It's kind of implied that you cannot cheat."
"You didn't say I couldn't so I did it. No harm done, it's just a game."
"Well I say we take the truck since its quieter than the motorcycle and just put it in the back of the truck," I tell Owen
"I'll be doing that, don't want anything to happen to it."
I touch his bike and make a sound so he thinks I broke something.
"Oopps," I say.
"Knock it off," he says while smiling.
He finishes putting the bike in the back and we slowly drive off into the jungle away from the road.