13- Training Rexy and Outlier

As I expected, Rexy was about as cooperative as a serial killer. I used a grappling hook attached to a tree outside the exhibit to keep me safe. After a couple of hours I head into the viewing area to see Owen. Scientists busily take notes on tablet devices and discuss training ideas. This was a completely new type of training which would take time to develop.
"You getting tired?"
"A little, she just needs time to adjust. The only interaction that she's had after we finished raising her has been with live food."
"You know I have to ask, why was Rexy the only dinosaur you didn't do anything to raise? You personally oversee almost all dinosaurs as they're growing up and yet you skipped out on Rexy."
"T.Rex desert their parents after maturity. From that point on their parents are considered enemies, you have to be out of what it perceived to be it's family growing up if you want to make a pack with one."
"Oh. Well maybe we should check on Outlier."
"Yeah, she needs training as well."
Both me and Owen head out and take the dirt path to the laboratory. He drops me off and I get to Outlier's holding cell.
As I enter I see that she's napping in the corner. She opens her eyes she gets up to see what I am there for.
"Raise the platform and bring a carrier chopper over."
"Yes sir."
The floor begins to rise once more. We take it up to the roof where the chopper just lands. Outlier is reluctant to enter, but eventually I convince her to step inside the bird. The door shuts and we take off. Outlier digs her claws into the floor of the chopper out of sheer terror. The heli heads out to a remote area in the woods where an open field was.
"Release the Dinosaur Team, send them to my position."
"Understood."
We landed and Outlier ran out of the metal container as fast as possible. I stepped out and took a deep breath of fresh air. We then sat around waiting for the rest of the team to arrive.
We had to sit for a good long while before the rest arrived. Outlier got defensive before recognizing who they were.
"Starting training session D-6, take proper precautions everyone. Outlier is new to this."
"Understood."
"D-6!!!" I yelled out to my dinosaur team and they all ran into the forest. Outlier watched, very confused. I motioned for her to follow and rode off into the forest on an ATV. It was a relatively short drive to the top of a ridge. Down into the valley bellow was a model constructed to look like a large carnivorous dinosaur.
I continued down into the valley where we reached the edge of the forest. I couldn't spot any of the dinosaur squadron so I knew their training was sufficient, but Outlier wandered into the field sniffing around. She then approached the dummy and took a chunk out of it.
I sigh as I realize this will take a long time, probably as long as it'll take Rexy to just warm up to me.