Private Concert

. We both turned around as quick as possible to find the four boys standing behind. Luke walked toward me and leaned to my ear. He whispered quietly «Hopefully, he didn’t hear you break your promise». I felt so guilty… Luke took two steps back to stand between Ashton and Calum.

-          How about we play a bit of music to you guys? Said Michael, looking at Mary.

Instantly, Mary looked away. She always listened to me because she thought I could easily see her life in another point of view.

-          I’d like that a lot! I said, jumping with Mary. I hope you’ll be good! I said, kidding, just to tease the boys a bit.

-          You’re the judge of that, said Luke loud enough so only me could ear.

I looked up at him and smiled. He was looking deep into my eyes. I couldn’t help but blush and shiver.  I slowly looked down at my feet. He gently took my chin with his right hand and held up my head so I was still looking into his eyes. Then our hands touched and he held it.

-          Hope you’ll like it. He whispered in my ear. Listen closely because this one’s for you.

He winked at me and released my hand before taking his guitar. He sat between Calum and Michael.

-          «She sits at home with the lights out, seeing life in different colours»

His voice was deep and low. I didn’t expect that, honestly. The first verse was ending and Luke was still making an intense eye contact with me. Calum took the lead, followed by the rest of the band.

-          «We can run down the street

With the stars in our eyes»

When I heard Calum’s voice, I automatically broke the eye contact I had with Luke and stared at Cal. His voice was so sweet. He stared at me for something that seemed like an hour. At first, I found it awkward but I enjoyed it.

-          «We can tear down this town

In the dark of the night

Just open the door

We’ve got time on our side

We can make it out alive»

Mary and I started snapping our fingers to the beat of Ash’s drum. We both jumped off our seats and started dancing like ultimate fans on the stage. Hands up in the hair, we were singing along the only couple of words we knew with the boys. The boys played the last riffs of guitar of the song and stopped all at the same time. They all looked at each other and smiled before turning to us. They were all waiting for a comment.

-          GENIUS! Yelled Mary, her hands in the air.

She ran to Ashton and Michael, who were sitting next to each other, and congratulated them. They were really good. I went to see Michael and Ash before going to Luke and Cal.

-          Hey Ash? I said, Can I talk to you for a sec.?

-          Sure! He said, nodding at the same time.

He passed in front of Mary on looked down at her. She looked up and smiled at him before turning around and leaving Michael all alone.

-          What did you say to Mary? He said his eyes wide open while pointing at her.

-          What do you mean?

-          She just smiled at me and she ignored Michael right after! He said, his eyes opened even wider.

-          I just said that she should hang out with the guy she wants. I said smiling.

 I passed beside him and went to talk to Michael. He was sitting alone, tuning his guitar. I felt so bad for him because I was kind of tearing him and Mary apart and I saw how he was looking at her when they first met. So I decided to go talk to him.

-          Hey, Michael! Congrats, you were awesome! I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.

-          Thanks, Call! He says smiling.

-          So, what’s up between you and Maryssa? I said, eying him suspiciously.

-          Nothing really. She’s cute and we seemed to get along very well until now… what’s happened?

-          Uh, I don’t know. Maybe if you really like her, you should try to talk to her.

-          Alright. He said, a smile tracing on his lips.

I turned around to face Luke. He was a couple of inches from me, so close that I could fell his warm breath on my lips. I smiled at him and hugged him.

-          You were awesome, Luke! I said.

-          Thank you, beautiful. He said hugging me back

His hugs were the most comfortable ones. It never felt awkward and when he hugged me, he would hug me so thigh that I really felt wanted. I heard someone tootle behind Luke so I quickly backed off.