He's Not My Best Friend Anymore...

P.O.V. Mary

I was lying in my bed, spooning with Michael, when I heard the door next-door slam shut. I turned around to face Michael who had his eyes closed. I slowly pecked his lips to make his eyes open. He kissed me back before I slowly pulled back.

-        What’s wrong, Sweetheart? He said, looking concerned.

-        The door to my flat just slammed shut. Maybe I should go see what’s happening.

-        Should I come? He said, getting up.

-        As you wish! I said, following his towards the door.

He opened the door and leaned on it to let me pass before him. So sweet. I got out of the old couple’s flat and entered in mine. When I got in Mak and Cal looked at me, surprised.

-        Oh. It’s just you. Said Mak, automatically looking away.

-        Wow Thanks Mak. Nice to know that you care about us. I said, teasing her.

-        I was just expecting Callie. She just stormed out of the flat, crying.

I turned around to Michael.

-        That’s what I heard. I said. Heading to the door.

I turned around and asked if they knew where she was.

-        If I knew, I wouldn’t be here! Duh. Said Mak.

-        Yeah, I guess… I said as I got out of the flat.

As I stepped out of the room, the guitar at the beginning of the song Live While We’re Young started to play. TEXT MESSAGE! I chanted as I pulled out my phone.

Bestest Callie: Where are you? I need you!

Me: About to get out of the elevator, you?

She didn’t take any time to reply a Lobby. I walked out of the elevator and ran into Callie, in tears.

-        Whaaooo! What’s wrong, bella? I said, putting both hands on her shoulders.

-        Luke’s not my best friend anymore.

-        WHAT? WHY? I yelled

-        He likes me, Mary! I can’t be best friend with him anymore.

-        Listen. How about we go out tonight, you and me, alone. We’ll settle everything tomorrow.

-        Okay! Sounds like a deal. She said through tears and shaky breaths.

Be got out of the lobby and crossed the street to our favourite club.