Angel in The Rough

Angel has always been shy and never had any confidence at all. Maybe it was because of her abusive boyfriend or maybe her best friend. Even her mother does but without harm. But the truth is Angel is a beautiful girl and one day she "meets" one guy who changes her for the better...or worse.

Chapter 1-Me

The name is Angel Skye but of course you know that by now from reading the background of my story. Yeah I need no pity at all. My boyfriend and my best friend don't mean to harm me at least I don't think so. Look I will describe my self to you. With out make-up I have a creamy chocolate tone, yeah I'm dark skin. My hair isn't down all the way my back but I do have healthy hair that's soft. And no I am not thick I just have a regular slim figure. Sorry if this not what you imagined I look like. You probably wanted a thick mixed red bone with hair to her back and thick in all the right places. That ain't me but that does describe my best friend Jazz. Jazz is mixed with Puerto Rican, black, and white. Jazz pulls any guy she wants. They think she is is the ish no further more. I'm not saying all light skin girls look better than dark skin girls because that's not a fact. I know some but I'm not one at least I don't think so. Especially now that my boyfriend Rodney has been abusing me verbally and physically. I'm not stupid it's just I think he will really change. Jazz told me he would change over a period of time. She wouldn't lie she keeps it real. Rodney never was like this. We were high school sweethearts. He use to be so nice and made me feel so beautiful. But I went on to spelman for college and he joined the army for four years. After that he had these bi-polar mood swings then there was verbal abuse now it's physical. He is trying to get help. I love him and he loves me and I know it better yet I feel it. He is getting help. I don't know it's a lot of stress now so just bear with me. This is the story about me.

Chapter 2-The beginning

I got up out of the bed and saw Rodney right beside me knocked out cold. Then I went into the bathroom and turned the shower on scorching hot and I got in. The water poured over my bruises from last night when Rodney pushed me down the stairs because he felt like I was calling him crazy. I loved that man but he was testing my love. I bathed all over and after a hour I got out. I put lotion all over my body. My hair was wet from the shower since I didn't bother to put my shower cap on. So it was like wavy like.

" Babe I am sorry about last night it's just..." Rodney babbled. I cut him off.

" I know Rodney it's my fault and I should have never called you crazy"

I said now rubbing Rodney face with my towel over my body. Rodney smiled and then he hugged me and kissed me. Moments like these I loved.

" Babe I love you and you put up with me. Any ways I'm gonna be out tonight" Rodney said as he kissed me and left.

Today I was going out with Jazz to the mall. Jazz was my home girl. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Then I put on a plain white long sleeve shirt with jeans and I wore some purple toms. I was simple and that's how I like it. I put on a purple headband and then I heard Jazz car beep outside. I rushed out the door and ran over to her new Range Rover one of her sugar daddies bought her.

"Hey boo what's up" Jasmine yelled over lil Wayne I ain't got no worries. That song was disgusting.

"Turn it down Jazz and I do have worries with this song" I screamed back at her. Jazz just rolled her eyes and turned the volume down. She drove over to the mall in no time.

We walked in and it was a group of guys. They seemed familiar. I passed them by and was staring at a Hollister shirt in the window. Jasmine grabbed me and whispered in my ear.

"Boo do you know who they are" jazz squealed. I looked over at the dudes. It was a group of rappers. Schoolboy q, Ab-soul, Jay Rock, And Kendrick Lamar.